Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Elance Question

How does pay work on Elance? Is it the same structure as oDesk. For example, on oDesk, if it's an hourly job the pay takes about two weeks but if it's fixed, once you receive the payment, you get it in about 5 days from the day client sent payment. Is it the same or is it different? I'm doing a practice gig for a client on here. It's my first time using Elance and I didn't find too much info on payment.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 08:42 PM
WAHM Regular

It's very much like Freelancer.com.

You'll bid against a ton of people bidding super low but offering poop quality writing with bad English. If you explain yourself well, have good example articles and links to published material, you can do well if you find a client who knows the market. Most people will hire the low guys a couple times, get burned and stop doing that.

Unfortunately, you WILL have to take a few horrid jobs at next to no pay to get a decent "rating" or "reputation" usually.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsunset View Post
It's very much like Freelancer.com.

You'll bid against a ton of people bidding super low but offering poop quality writing with bad English. If you explain yourself well, have good example articles and links to published material, you can do well if you find a client who knows the market. Most people will hire the low guys a couple times, get burned and stop doing that.

Unfortunately, you WILL have to take a few horrid jobs at next to no pay to get a decent "rating" or "reputation" usually.
Oh no. I understand the aspect of bidding on the projects and all. I use oDesk regularly. I'm just curious about pay on Elance since I have not worked on it before. I've already been offered a gig and I have a test assignment that I will be paid for to see if I am a good fit. I was curious how the pay actually works over there, like how long you have to wait to actually receive it in your PP account.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Once the client releases the pay, you can request pay out right away. There is no real holding period like that of O'Desk. They make deposits once per day. I usually get mine at about 1:30pm central time as long as the request is submitted by about 10am central. However, they have stopped doing weekend deposits. They just make deposits Monday through Friday.

If you are depositing to a bank account, it will hit on the next day if you meet the current day deadline.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:23 AM
Awesome WAHM

Um, there are some awesome job opportunities on Elance. You do not have to take low paying ones to be successful on there.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese9905 View Post
Once the client releases the pay, you can request pay out right away. There is no real holding period like that of O'Desk. They make deposits once per day. I usually get mine at about 1:30pm central time as long as the request is submitted by about 10am central. However, they have stopped doing weekend deposits. They just make deposits Monday through Friday.

If you are depositing to a bank account, it will hit on the next day if you meet the current day deadline.
Awesome! Thanks.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjweaver10 View Post
Um, there are some awesome job opportunities on Elance. You do not have to take low paying ones to be successful on there.
Yeah, this is the first offering I've received and it's decent pay. I mean, it could be better but it's not as bad a $1 per 300 words or anything lol.