Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Awesome WAHM

Honestly, I never had trouble until recently. I just haven't been able to push myself to write. If it helps, maybe try taking a shower and getting dressed for work, and then go sit in your home office. I also find it easier to work when I force myself to work for so long before I start playing on the computer. Usually, I spend a little time as soon as I get on checking my email and FB, and then I get to work. I also find that setting up a schedule to it and sticking to it as much as possible helps a lot.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
I miss having a baby around, though I don't miss having a child who nurses all the time. Puberty - NOT a period I want to have to go through ever again. My son was mopey and wouldn't talk to a soul. My daughter wasn't horrible, but she was and still is prone to bursting into tears over nothing. Teaching her to drive is a nightmare because raise your voice at all and she's in tears. Any time I have to say "stop" or "your going over the line onto the shoulder" the frustration and tears start flowing.

I wish I still got to sleep in, but we got my daughter a kitten for Christmas, and while the kitten is supposed to be hers, I'm the one who is home all day, so every pet we have bonded with me. That means at night they either scratch at the door wanting into our room or we leave the door cracked and end up with pets who won't leave us alone. We finally have the puppy (he's really a dog now) so that he'll curl up against my knees and not budge, but the kitten at 2am decides that it's snuggle time and climbs onto my head, licks my cheek and starts purring. Hard to sleep through that, so I have to work on getting her to sleep through the night now.
That's another thing I'm not looking forward to - Puberty. I am also against owning animals. I grew up with tons of them. It is just not a good idea right now. I already know that I will be the one taking care of them. I already have more than enough on my plate. So, thanks, but no thanks.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:43 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by christent04 View Post
That's another thing I'm not looking forward to - Puberty. I am also against owning animals. I grew up with tons of them. It is just not a good idea right now. I already know that I will be the one taking care of them. I already have more than enough on my plate. So, thanks, but no thanks.
All I can say about puberty is have beer/wine/vodka - whatever you prefer - on hand! That or really, really good ear plugs.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the responses. juliewein I found your post particularly useful. In the past I have read the importance of following a routine, as if you were actually leaving the house for work. Your advice about considering your finances before you start work is also a good idea. mommy2onelittleboy, I also never used to have as much trouble getting into writing as I have recently. I think part of it is that the work I have been doing lately has been so boring. I also find that forcing myself to complete work as soon as I wakeup is the best way for me to get things done. I find that if I check the news first and look up stuff on the internet first thing, then I can get easily distracted and waste time in the morning. Once that time has been wasted, I tend to not be very productive throughout the rest of the day.

I actually do already have set work hours, but getting into work mode lately has been difficult. I think I will take the advice of developing a better pre-work morning routine. Then I think I'm also going to avoid any recreational internet browsing in the morning, until I've gotten at least a few pieces written.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:08 AM
WAHM Regular

Glad I could help.