Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:44 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHMBrenda View Post
Have you tried Microworkers LilBlackDress? Do you like it? Do they use Paypal?
I have hired workers from Microworkers.

Here is the FAQ on how they pay; Microworkers - Frequently asked questions
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by annietn41 View Post
Is anyone actually making good money with Mturks? Right now I have a fantastic private client but need to make about 200 more per week than I am. Would this be a good way to do that? Could someone explain to me a little more about Mturk?

Thanks
MTurks is Amazon's Mechanical Turks. Workers are paid to do mini tasks called HITS (human intelligence tasks) like bookmark a site, read titles etc.

I would not describe Mturks as good money. When I reviewed it payments ranged from a pennies to dollars with most tasks paying pennies. However, pennies add up and for some it can be a flexible, simple way to add some extra income.

Overall, if you need to make $200 extra dollars per week, I would look to other methods.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Awesome WAHM

I work with CrowdSource on Mturk and it pays decently for what they ask. (300 words for $11), but I would not call it steady. If you work it on a regular schedule you can expect to see most of your weekly articles approved within the week. You can make $200 a week on average with them, but it takes a bit of time to get to that point.

I would say if you have the time, then it may work for you. I don't do other tasks on Mturk because they pay so little.

For $200 a week you could probably pick up overflow here and on WPLH. I know a lot of writers that make a full time income (based on their needs since full time income varies from person to person) just from overflow. Also, most overflow pays within a day to a week of the work being completed.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 AM
WAHM Addict

I edited 15 articles over the weekend and then wrote 15 more short 30-ish word blurbs and for that, I made $60. The thing is the work comes and goes, it's not a constant.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have work waiting approval from the 18th and because of that, I am unable to claim any more jobs from those specific HITs.

It does not seem like anything is "constant." Nothing is guaranteed - outside of the home included.

Although too long to explain, I have searched for PCs for a long time. There have been nibbles here and there, with many empty promises.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:34 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderone View Post
It does not seem like anything is "constant." Nothing is guaranteed - outside of the home included.

Although too long to explain, I have searched for PCs for a long time. There have been nibbles here and there, with many empty promises.
I'm finding that PCs are a little tougher to come by this time around. I've had great nibbles, even had one person say they'd hire me if I'd agree to move from $20 per 500 word article to $15, which I agreed to. Their response was excellent and that they'd send me my first assignment and now four days later, I haven't heard another word or had any response to emails asking if they changed their mind. I have this feeling they found a lower bid.

The bigger issue for me is keywords. After all the Google changes, my clients moved from excessive use of keywords. I have one new client who uses keywords to death. Four times per paragraph and the six keywords are usually 6 to 8 words long each. I had one that was sloppy in terms of grammar and flow (rate quote insurance car utah), so I added a couple words to make it clearer, and they rejected my article. I personally would take one look at a site like that and leave. I don't hang around sites that are clearly into keyword stuffing and not content quality.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Awesome WAHM

I have to be honest that I am finding more luck with content companies like Crowdsource and overflow from other writers than I am with PC's right now. I have one main PC and the rest comes from content companies or overflow. The good news about that is that I can pick up the pace with some of the content companies if things went down hill with the PC. I still look, but finding PC's who pay within my fee range is becoming difficult.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Awesome WAHM

What is WPLH?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:29 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinter View Post
The good news about that is that I can pick up the pace with some of the content companies if things went down hill with the PC. I still look, but finding PC's who pay within my fee range is becoming difficult.
That's my issue. I was making $30 an hour with the client who shut down and the highest offer I've had from a PC was $15 an hour. I was willing to accept that just to have a second steady client again, and they disappeared and won't answer emails. I have this feeling, they found someone willing to work for even less.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Awesome WAHM

I did lower my rate a few months ago. Not much, but just enough to keep me in business and keep clients "happy." Basically I determined what I needed per hour versus the amount of time I had to put into the job. It was a tough call because I had really high paying clients for so long. It was a choice between staying in the writing industry or taking on a job I didn't want to go back to. I have to admit, the money is a little less per article but I am getting articles that I can clip out in about 15-20 minutes. Because of that my average per hour is higher. It's weird how it worked out. The good thing is between the content sites I chose to align with, the private client I have and the overflow work I take in I am able to keep a steady stream of work each day. To be honest the steady stream of work, making what I need (and more) per hour and being able to set money aside while knowing I can jumpstart any of my options should another option fall to the wayside was worth the choice to drop my fees slightly.

Oh and I'm not saying I dropped them massively either. It's not like I went from $20 an article to $5. But I did drop the fees slightly.

Oh....WPLH is another from. It's work place like home. It's mentioned a lot on the boards.