Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Banned

Default Cloud Crowd?

Does anyone still work for Cloud Crowd? After my weekend work I might go back to them for a little while. Just because they pay daily and I am really struggling right now. I tried going to their Facebook app but it never loads. Does anyone else have this problem?

Any other mills (ugh) that pay more than once a week?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Awesome WAHM

I did some work for them recently when they had the overstock descriptions... and made a ton. Then that ran out and they have mostly only had work for stuff I'm not qualified for yet. I had issues with submitting things once or twice, but never with the whole app. But I haven't logged in about a week. I could go check for you?

Scripted pays weekly on Friday. But I don't know what their open jobs list looks like right now. I usually get work for them through pitching nowadays. I rarely claim titles anymore. They *did* have tons of healthcare product descriptions recently...
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Super WAHM

I happen to LOVE CrowdCloud. I've been writing and editing for them for over a year, and they are currently my main egg. The pay is pretty good, and I particularly like the marketing work. They have had a lot of work lately, and they increased pay for a while for the holidays (I think that ends today though). I hope you have a great experience with them like I have!

I've never personally had technical problems with them (e.g., loading pages or the app).

Last edited by JenniferK; 11-30-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 AM
WAHM Regular

I'd like to give CloudCrowd a shot. I'm going back to Ireland for Christmas and I would love some extra money!

The trouble is, I think I read somewhere on these forums that CC can ask for the money back. Like, if a customer is not happy with a particular article you have to refund them, or something to that effect? If this is true then that's hardly fair!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

I worked for them once before for about a day or so. I happened to get clients right after I started and I didn't love their editing process but beggars can't be choosers.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Super WAHM

I have never heard of any pay getting taken back because of client feedback. The only time I've EVER had pay taken back is through the appeal process. This is where you can appeal a rejection/acception decision after it's made.

For example, say I reject a writer's product description and the writer appeals the rejection. If the CloudCrowd admins accept the appeal (meaning that I improperly rejected the product description) then the amount of money that I was previously paid for reviewing the product description is then taken out of my pending payment. If my pending payment amount is $0 at that time, then it goes negative until I complete more work. I don't think they would try to get it from your PayPal account or anything (never heard of that happening).
Old 11-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Super WAHM

You know, apparently I have access to write for them once I pass some of their tests. I don't remember signing up for anything. Interesting. There appears to be a lot of work for them right now though. I just can't apply for it yet.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Super WAHM

CC is great when there is work available. From what admins said on the forum, it looks like there should be work for the next few weeks if not for the rest of the year. The big problem is that you never know when work will be available! They just uploaded the upcoming work page, which hadn't been updated since the beginning of October.

The main problem I have relates to a few editors. I can do 20 things in a row and have the first 15 go through without a problem. The next five all come back from a different editor with something he/she says is missing, though the other editor never noted any problems. At least it's a lot better than it was this time last year. I left CC because of problems with outright rejections, but I went back when they started giving you the chance to correct work.

I hear from a lot of people that CC is their main egg/only place they write for, which I think is a little crazy. CC can take away your credential at anytime, which will leave you out in the cold. I guess I learned my lesson when I relied on DMS and then got fired LOL.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Banned

Ok thanks Jenn! I think I will try out a few on Monday and see what happens with the editing process. Do they still pay daily?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Registered WAHM

I'm still making money from Cloudcrowd. I've been with them for over two years now and I have earned several credentials including Editor, General Content Writer and Marketing Writer. The past few days, they had plenty of work available, which earned me more than $600 in just one week. I slaved my butt off so that I have money for Christmas. I'm waiting for that one big project that they momentarily withdrew and which will be back next week.