Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

I haven't made any formal plans for 2013 but one of my ongoing goals has been to create a stream of residual income from ebooks or a blog or the like. Maybe that will happen in 2013.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
Just be aware that sometimes, you don't have as much time as you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily3247 View Post
I have to agree! I always thought life would be less hectic when the girls started school, but I'm honestly more busy during the school year than I am when they are home (They are 9 and 11, so they know not to bother me when I'm working)
Thanks for the advice both of you. We currently attend a parent-led pre-school and I love being involved with my son's learning so I can see myself getting involved at school as a parent helper or something similar.

I'm hoping that I'll get a couple of days a week where I at least get a few hours of uninterrupted writing in though.

I am lucky that my income is our secondary income and usually goes towards extra things rather than being the one we rely on to pay bills so I have the luxury of being able to put family commitments first most of the time.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 AM
WAHM Regular

My goal is to maintain a steady income with my writing. Right now, I'm just doing things here and there with no real schedule or organization. DH's overtime is slowing down, and we really need the extra money. I want to get my blog going, plus work on a couple other sites that I have ideas for. I am so unorganized right now. Balancing three small children and writing is really difficult. Much less the house and everything else. I would love to make a living doing something that I love.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:37 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I found this thread from last year; I thought it would be fun to go back and compare, if you were posting a year ago. http://www.wahm.com/forum/writing-fr...ls-2012-a.html
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
I found this thread from last year; I thought it would be fun to go back and compare, if you were posting a year ago. http://www.wahm.com/forum/writing-fr...ls-2012-a.html
Ah, boo! I didn't post in that one! Would have been fun to see if I'd reached my goals, but apparently I never thought to set any. lol.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:46 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Well, next year you can look back!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Banned

Wow look at that! I don't think I was around much then, if at all. That's interesting to look back on though!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Awesome WAHM

I plan to continue writing but focusing more on guest blogging because that pays more IMO. Also, I plan to work more on my Giveaway site because every time I put effort into it I get some great offers to review/giveaway products which saves me money by not having to purchase baby items and other needed items. Furthermore, I am going to try to get back on track with writing my book since this year I was able to do a chapter in an ebook.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Super WAHM

My goal for 2012 was to expand my writing to get more byline action. I did that.

My goal for 2013 is to focus on quality. I'd like to produce work that is cohesive, engaging, and thought-producing. By the end of 2013, I should be finishing up my first semester at the junior level at university or heading into it, so it's time to grow my ability to throw down papers that will get me to my degree goals. I'm not doing a lot of bulk writing these days so I think this is totally achievable.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Super WAHM

Been a while, but I'm going to try to start getting involved in the forums again.

My daughter starts school this year also, and I'm hoping I can avoid the PTA and those things. I plan on taking a few classes to add to my resume and I'm really planing on trying to get more clients and move away from the lower paying jobs.