Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Writing product descriptions

I enjoyed writing product descriptions for NexTag. I was able add a touch of creativity to my work that I am unable to do with traditional content mill-type work.

Anyway...

Do any of you know of any companies similar to NexTag? I would like to continue writing product descriptions.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Awesome WAHM

I don't know that it is like nextag but Cloud Crowd has had lots of product description jobs lately.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgaw View Post
I don't know that it is like nextag but Cloud Crowd has had lots of product description jobs lately.
Ooh!

Where might one apply?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Awesome WAHM

Search for "cloud crowd" on Facebook (yes, runs through Facebook) and look for the app. There are tests that you have to pass which are kind of tough but it is worth it - they pay decent.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgaw View Post
Search for "cloud crowd" on Facebook (yes, runs through Facebook) and look for the app. There are tests that you have to pass which are kind of tough but it is worth it - they pay decent.
Are they tough, editing wise?
Old 11-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yes, they can be.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Registered WAHM

Textbroker always has product descriptions. Most people there don't seem to like to do them, so you'd have plenty of work. You do have to take a writing test to get into Textbroker, and most product descriptions are on level 4, so you need to be a pretty good writer.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:33 AM
WAHM Addict

I have a couple of groups on Textbroker than always has product descriptions. I find them incredibly fun, especially one group that doesn't allow you to start sentences with words like a/an or the. It's fun getting to be creative.

You have to reach 4 stars and then apply to groups that are looking for product descriptions.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

The editor at Nextag gave me a list of companies that were similar. Most hired Indians, or didn't work with freelancers. I was asked if I'd like to work on site full time with one of them, but I'm not moving to do the same type of work I'm already doing.

I was contacted by a guy at ebay, though. They have a shopping portal. We never got past the initial contact, though. I should email him again...

There are lots of them. Try searching for "comparison shopping engines" or "shopping portals" etc...

Plenty of retailers also hire product description writers. Just keep in mind that not all of them allow you to get creative. 99% of my work is product descriptions and catalogs... and some of them (MOST of them even) are every bit as boring as content mill type work.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Awesome WAHM

How do you write for Nextag? Do they work through a content mill? PS - I Love CC's product descriptions. I've made a killing the last month writing them, but it took me awhile to get used to them. (I had never written product descriptions before) The product description work there is pretty steady, although it has slowed down some since most companies wanted their websites updated before Black Friday.