Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered WAHM

Default So, how many articles are you writing per day?

I took about two years off from writing...

Now I'm back

BUT - Just starting out, it all feels new again LOL... so I'm at 4 to 8 articles per day, slowly realizing this is going to take some getting used to again.

Also, where is a good place to find private clients? I just posted an ad on craigslist (because of course, it's free) Been up for a few days now, still nothing in the email.

My monetary goal (since Im a single mother with two children) is simply to keep my head above water at the moment financially. Got a car payment, rent, and bills... so I'm hoping for at least $100 per day, six days per week, if not sometimes five will do.

I love the forums, they're so inspiring
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 01:32 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I usually have 23 to 25 articles per week to do for my regular clients, plus work for here-and-there clients. I hire out some of the work regularly, and I usually only work 3 or 4 days per week. I make sure that I'm netting at least $500 per week after paying my writer. So I might write just 2 or 3 one day and 7 or 8 another day. It just depends. I'm also homeschooling my kids, and I'm not the sole income-earner, so it works out fine.

I've gotten a few clients from Craigslist, and a couple from LinkedIn. One of my big ones was just through word-of-mouth. You can renew your Craigslist ads or write new ones every few days; I'd suggest trying that. You can also advertise in areas other than your own local area (but only one ad at a time, I believe).

Last edited by beanandpumpkin; 11-03-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Banned

It just depends on my workflow. At least 4 and as much as 30 or more. Thursday-Sunday are my busiest time usually.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Super WAHM

I currently write 1-5 articles per WEEK. I have a handful of other responsibilities, though.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Awesome WAHM

I handle about 20-25 per day. Lately it has been increasingly difficult (first trimester of pregnancy), but usually that is my daily goal and limit.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

I average 2-3 a day. Can't imagine writing 20 or 30 a day!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 PM
WAHM Regular

It depends on the length and complexity. My main gig is ten 1,000 word articles per week, I usually try to do two a day, though if I get behind, I will bang out three in a day. I also do a few shorter articles whenever I can squeeze them in.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Awesome WAHM

I do a mix of things, but recently I have started writing more again and write probably around 10 articles a day, plus several other responsibilities. I have a mix of high paying clients and not-so high paying clients!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:52 PM
WAHM Regular

I can't imagine writing 20-30 articles in a day, either! I learned a long time ago that I have a steep limit on how much I can write in a day, so I go after higher paying clients. They expect more, but it allows me to write within my limits. Usually 1-2 articles in a day is my limit!

Right now I'm focusing on writing eBooks for myself, and my goal is at least 1,000 words a day. It's amazing how fast a book gets written when you have a small, manageable goal and stick to it!

To the OP, earning a decent income from writing is possible, but the writing world has changed for a lot of people since many content mills have closed up. I find most of my clients through craigslist, but I usually post or renew 1 or 2 ads per day in different cities. Sometimes I get a lot of responses, and sometimes none. It can be hit or miss.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM
WAHM Addict

Hmmm, I'm curious what the lengths of these articles are? Maybe that's why some people say they can do as many as 30 in one day, while others say they can only do a few. Maybe the question should be: How many WORDS are you writing per day? I'm thinking maybe an article to some people is a few hundred words and to others it's closer to a thousand words?

I know my absolute brain-frying limit is 10,000 words in one day- I did it before and felt like a zombie afterwards. I found it difficult to do much of anything the following day (or two) to have made it even worth writing that much.

Last edited by cassandra; 11-03-2012 at 09:02 PM.