Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Super WAHM

Default Trying to get a Script at Scripted!

Hi Everyone,
Do any of you write for Scripted? I decided to check them out and was accepted for two categories but their system seems to be a bit difficult as far as getting work. For example, I am in the art & design category. When jobs pop-up Scripted writes "you cannot have this job until 50-hrs." I guess the job is for writers who have been there longer and newbies have to wait for the leftovers!...LOL What are your experiences with them? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2012, 05:29 AM
WAHM Addict

Most people say they get work through pitching scripts. I tried that a couple times and it didn't work out. I go in today and there are three articles available, no possible pitches, and the three articles aren't in my category anyway. I find the site to be a dud personally, though I know others have had success.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

I've had a lot of success with them, but it's definitely not easy there. If you're not on certain projects, there won't be much work. I've had a few pitches accepted, but personally I don't see them as the way to be successful there.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

I write for Scripted on a regular basis. I have found that the more categories you write for the more work you get. Also, once a writer is favored by a particular client then there is always work.

I got my foot in the door by emailing the staff about certain projects that were "reserved." Now I have weekly work with them. It does take some time to start having weekly work. They are not a big company and workflow depends on the clients; however, they are very friendly and are willing to take the chance on you if you let them know that you are interested.

Good luck.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:34 AM
WAHM Regular

I actually love scripted and write there more than anywhere else. I've been accepted into 11 different specialties and have clients that have put me on their "favorite lists" so when they post a job, it gives you automatic access. In my experience, pitches are the best way to get jobs. For example, I've had over 20 pitches accepted in the past 3 days. Sometimes I have more than I really wanted, but the pay is worth it. Also if you get a "Superhero" badge, your emailed every time a writer "flakes" and can take the job immediately. It definitely takes time and effort, but is worth it.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelands Mommy View Post
I actually love scripted and write there more than anywhere else. I've been accepted into 11 different specialties and have clients that have put me on their "favorite lists" so when they post a job, it gives you automatic access. In my experience, pitches are the best way to get jobs. For example, I've had over 20 pitches accepted in the past 3 days. Sometimes I have more than I really wanted, but the pay is worth it. Also if you get a "Superhero" badge, your emailed every time a writer "flakes" and can take the job immediately. It definitely takes time and effort, but is worth it.
Hi, how does the "pitch" concept work?...Thanks
Old 10-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Awesome WAHM

I'm with Leland's mommy. It takes longer to build a reputation there by waiting around for a scrap to fall so you can have the chance to write something, but once you get accepted into various specialties and the project managers start liking you, they send you special projects and ask if you're interested in jobs before opening them to other writers, etc... And I have also had tons of luck with pitches.

You just under your pitches tab and see what is available. The companies give an idea of what they are looking for, and then you pitch them an idea. If they like it, you get the job. it helps if you look at the other articles they've accepted previously too.

I almost always have weekly work there, and I am only writing for two categories.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:22 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinHill226 View Post
I'm with Leland's mommy. It takes longer to build a reputation there by waiting around for a scrap to fall so you can have the chance to write something, but once you get accepted into various specialties and the project managers start liking you, they send you special projects and ask if you're interested in jobs before opening them to other writers, etc... And I have also had tons of luck with pitches.

You just under your pitches tab and see what is available. The companies give an idea of what they are looking for, and then you pitch them an idea. If they like it, you get the job. it helps if you look at the other articles they've accepted previously too.

I almost always have weekly work there, and I am only writing for two categories.
Thanks...