Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Does Suite101 still exist?

I just went to log in to my account and it does not seem to exist anymore. and when I click on some URL's that I have saved in my files, they do not go anywhere and I get an error.

Anyone know if Suite101 is dead?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Super WAHM

If you go directly to their website, it says that they are re-launching. So I am not sure what that will hold for their future and for their former writers.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Awesome WAHM

They purged about 50,000 articles earlier in the year, and accounts were moved over to a new community site. I needed a new log-in to get to that site but with their new launch, I am not sure how to request new login info right now.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Awesome WAHM

I just had the same problem. They're re-launching soon.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:55 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I wonder why they're relaunching and what their new business model will be like?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Super WAHM

I assume they are re-launching due to Google Panda and their rankings going down. However, I am also curious to know what their new business model will be like as well.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Super WAHM

It's a completely different model. Suite 101 made the changes due to Panda/Penguin. They explained it in a forum on the site, but I don't understand it well enough (or recall it well enough) to explain it here. If you can get into the forums, I'm sure that you'll find the thread that explains it. I was following the entire saga, but stopped a few months ago.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:34 PM
WAHM Addict

Well, I basically just want to know if my articles are still going to exist there or not? A few of the articles I had linked to in other locations are starting to come up as broken links
Old 10-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Awesome WAHM

I had 20 articles up there that were doing absolutely nothing. I wrote them early last year. I just got a payment from Suite for $5 yesterday (which was about all I had earned in a year's time) and today I went to check the site and it looks totally different.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

Skcandles, in theory they should still exist but it sounds like articles not picked up for a channel will stop earning revenue. There is all sorts of discussion on the forum and a Suite facebook group about whether it is worth it to continue under the new terms of service and revenue model. Money earned by the site will be put into one pot and then doled out based upon how active and 'engaged' you are.

Your links probably don't work anymore because Suite recently stopped redirecting old URLs to the new URL format initiated earlier this year.