Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelle View Post
Giving this a bit more thought.... Did you happen to include an estimate for an overall price? The potential client might think $30 is a lot, but if you work quickly, the overall project price could wind up being the same or less than someone else who quoted a lower rate.
Ah. That's a very good point. I want to say Peter Bowerman touched on that in The Well Fed Writer. If you quote hourly, many clients will think you're crazy. That's especially true if you are making more than them. If you say "that'll be $200 and here's what's included..." then it doesn't seem so bad.

Granted, I think $30/hr is extremely reasonable. But to a client who doesn't get it, it probably seems insane.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Awesome WAHM

I never gave her an overall price for the job, but I did say that it should not take me over two hours, if that. In my mind, I did not think $60.00 was a bad price given the fact that I found multiple errors. In the end, such errors could turn away clients, affecting their credibility (and $$$) for sure.

Finding and reporting these errors would be invaluable to them!

Personally, I find any company lacking a reply is a bit unprofessional. (That is my opinion though!)

*SIGH*

At this time, I have absolutely no leads and have sent my resume and recommendations to multiple companies and individuals. Although this is discouraging, I do have a positive attitude that something will come through. I just wish the time was now!

On a wonderful note, I want to thank all of you for your support!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered WAHM

As they say, it's never hurt to try. What's bad in offering her your service for lower price? If she even doesn't want to contact you again, how will it influence on you?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Awesome WAHM

It's frustrating not to hear back, but marketing is really a numbers game. Keep prospecting, and track the % of prospects that convert to clients over time. You'll soon get a feel for how many prospects you typically need to "touch" in order to obtain a set number of clients.

Also, it's not unusual to need several "touches" before you convert prospects to clients.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderone View Post
In my mind, I did not think $60.00 was a bad price given the fact that I found multiple errors. In the end, such errors could turn away clients, affecting their credibility (and $$$) for sure.

Finding and reporting these errors would be invaluable to them!

Personally, I find any company lacking a reply is a bit unprofessional. (That is my opinion though!)
Her site was unprofessional and she behaved unprofessionally. If your rates were too high, she should have politely declined or otherwise responded; especially if you’ve sent more than one email. Those two things put together make me wonder whether it’s a blessing that she didn’t respond. If someone is unprofessional it could spread over to when/how/if they actually pay you once the work is done.

That said, I’m sure it couldn’t hurt to email her one last time letting her know that your rates are negotiable.

Last edited by Ecrivette; 10-10-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:03 AM
WAHM Addict

Personally, with no response, she could just be rude, or something could have happened too. Sometimes writers are quick to jump on the "rude" bandwagon and not consider other possibilities. I had a client said he had a huge project and then I didn't hear from him for a couple months, no answers to emails, etc. It turned out that his newborn had a life-threatening birth defect, and his focus, understandably, switched solely to his family.

You can't just assume it was the price keeping her away. Something could have happened, and out of the blue you may suddenly get that email apologizing for her disappearance act.