Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Super WAHM

I'm so glad you decided to take a break. I sometimes get into that rut of work, work, work. I had to make myself take off this weekend. I'm so glad I did. I actually feel much more refreshed and ready to go this week. I know someone was asking about the possibility of this becoming full time income. The only thing I can say is to stick with it and keep your eyes open. Opportunities pop up when you least expect them to.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Awesome WAHM

I feel your pain. Today is my sixth anniversary, and I worked in the morning, and I have to work when my son goes to sleep. I don't want to, but I have deadlines, and I can't afford to take off. I find myself working all the time, well at least all the time when my son is asleep. Working is very addicting.

I would take the day off if you can and enjoy it. You deserve some fun, too. All work and no play can make you burnt out quickly.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:59 PM
WAHM Regular

The beauty of freelance is that you set your own hours and decide when and how much you want to work. Consider using a calendar to arrange your time at the computer and to block out some time to rest - at least one day per week should be free from the grind to give yourself a break.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Super WAHM

Isn't that the point of going freelance? So that you can choose when to work?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks everyone.
@aewtx Freelancers have more latitude in their work choices. However, if a freelancer wants to pay the bills sometimes more work is necessary. Yes, it's a choice, but having your electricity shut off because you ran out of cash really stinks.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:35 PM
WAHM Regular

It's really really difficult to not think about writing so much, especially for me, where I have to write many hours to get a barely decent check. And I still feel guilty because as stated, a freelancer sets their own hours, so why am I burned out and drained? It's a slipper slope and not easy to balance when you desperately need every article to help pay the bills.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yeah, I feel guilty when I have a lot of free time and don't use it to work. I have debt that could be paid off, so every article helps. I do take a day off here and there, and I work about 5 hours a day, with only a couple of hours on the weekends. But that's how I've always been: a workaholic. It's just so easy when you work from home and can write whenever. The one vacation we went on where I left my laptop at home for the weekend, I was actually bored once my son took a nap. My husband was online, and everyone else we knew was busy getting ready for the event we were going to that night. I was not used to the feeling of being bored, and it was the one time away from a computer for a weekend. Now I know to bring my laptop next time if I want to use my time wisely!

Tags
freelance writers, freelance writing, rest, writer