Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Anyone here written for "greatcontent"??

Hello all

I recently signed up with this company which, apart from its unGoogleable name, seems to have websites covering quite a few countries in Europe. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to provide a link to the site but those with powerful Google skills will probably find it easily enough.

Pressure of work means I haven't got round to doing a test article for them yet (seems to be a similar application process to Textbroker) but I just wondered if anyone had written for them. I'm curious to know whether they actually allow you to work at the higher paid rates at first, or whether they are just listed to tempt people to sign up (Yes, cynical of me I know ...)

If no-one knows of them I'm prepared to try them out and report back for the benefit of other European writers - but it may not be instant!

- Helen.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Awesome WAHM

Sorry I have not heard of them.

I think it's quite standard that in order to get higher paying jobs you have to prove your skills and get some positive feedback.

I'm finding it really hard to break into Textbroker because every time I log in, the jobs are all four 4 or 5 star raters. You can't move up if you aren't given enough articles to write.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi Joanne

Thanks for replying. I know what you mean about having to prove your skills. I suppose I was just wondering if, having proved them, you would ever be moved up to the top rates. Without talking to someone who writes there already it's difficult to know.

The situation at Textbroker sounds quite frustrating. If it's any consolation I have 4 stars on the UK site but never find any jobs there which pay high enough to justify the time they would take. (Maybe others could write them more quickly than me - I am a bit of a slow coach.)
Old 02-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Awesome WAHM

Is this the one you have in mind?

greatcontent.co.uk
Old 02-21-2012, 09:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes, that's the same one. I'm thinking maybe it's quite new? Any thoughts?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Awesome WAHM

I've not heard of them before. Just for yucks, I registered and submitted a sample. I'm assuming since they included the United States in the drag-down menu for registration that they do accept US writers. The response said that it may take a couple days to review the submission and provide a rating. We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:01 AM
WAHM Addict

I went in and applied just to see what happens... You have to do a free sample of 150 to 200 words so that they can rate your writing. All articles have to be in UK English, so that might be an issue for some.

There were a couple things in the contract that made me hesitant though. One, you can request four payments per month for free, after that they charge you. Not that I would likely go over that, but say you needed cash in an emergency and had already requested four payments that month, they'll charge you 50p for all additional payments.

The bigger one was the "You have 14 days to cancel your account." After that, GreatContent's staff must discuss whether you can cancel your account or not. If you don't have at least 10 pounds in your account, they won't pay you if you leave their team. I've never had a company refuse to pay up if you decide their company isn't to your liking.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Hmmm .... well spotted. A rather strange contract.

I'm amazed that some of you have submitted your test samples already! You're so quick! I'd better get on with mine. It's like a mass experiment.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:00 AM
WAHM Regular

I can't seem to find information on the quality levels and payment. Does anyone know how much they pay for the various levels? The links I found all lead back to the home page for some reason.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:28 AM
WAHM Regular

The way I find the rates is from the tab on the home page menu that says "write texts". If you put your cursor over that a drop down menu appears and one of the options is "your earnings". Select that one and it should take you to the right info.

I've submitted my test piece now. The other WAHMs spurred me on to do it.