Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2016, 08:57 AM
prosperg's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMS View Post
No, definitely not. It is a scam, one of the largest scams on the web. Basically, the scam can work a couple different ways. One way, you write for them, and they just don't pay you. They block your account before they need to pay. A very small number of people remain on the site, and this gives them a fake reputation as legitimate. I also saw that there is some kind of thing where you pay them to get promoted, which is most likely another part of the scam.
Sorry, but I must disagree with your post. I started writing for iWriter a few years ago and NEVER had a problem with payment. NEVER, not ONCE! In addition, I have found some of the best clients I have ever encountered at the site. Once you get to Elite level and above, you can have a field day and they will pay your price. I once got $350 for writing 500 words! Sure, you have to work your way up, but if you have the time it's worth it. I don't write for iWriter so much now as I have bigger, private clients. However, I do still have a couple of clients I still write for on iWriter who are dedicated, fair, and pay the price I WANT! So, I think everyone has to try iWriter for themselves and come to their own conclusions. I've never had an issue. I'm not insinuating that no-one has never had issues with iWriter, but no more than any other content mill.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Registered WAHM
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4
Default It's probably not a case of bad writing, check client refusal rate.

I used to write for Iwriter. I learned the hard way that you have to check the percentage of refusal rates for the client. Don't work for any client with a less than 80% acceptance rate. Clients with low acceptance rates are most likely going to keep refusing your work and at the same time copying it so they can have your work for free. They are the scammers. I don't know what Iwriter's management could do about this problem unless they changed their program to have in-house editors who would decide whether the content passes muster or not. I doubt they will do that.

I know the quality of my writing is good so that wasn't the problem. I work for other content providers who are happy with my work. I got scammed a couple of times on Iwriter and once on Textbroker. I learned the hard way to check their client acceptance rates (or client rating) on both sites before doing any work.

I would be wary of new clients too.

I don't think Iwriter itself is a scam. They pay you if the client accepts your work. They do not pay well for new writers(!) but you can work your way up to a much better rate. One thing I like about them--if you have earned $20 or more you can get a payout on Tuesdays. It's an okay place to get started as a content writer if you follow my advice above.

Last edited by mixednuts; 04-25-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2016, 04:52 PM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 48
Unhappy Is IWriter worth it?

Is iWriter worth it? IMHO, nope it isn't.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-14-2016, 10:11 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperg View Post
Sorry, but I must disagree with your post. I started writing for iWriter a few years ago and NEVER had a problem with payment. NEVER, not ONCE! In addition, I have found some of the best clients I have ever encountered at the site. Once you get to Elite level and above, you can have a field day and they will pay your price. I once got $350 for writing 500 words! Sure, you have to work your way up, but if you have the time it's worth it. I don't write for iWriter so much now as I have bigger, private clients. However, I do still have a couple of clients I still write for on iWriter who are dedicated, fair, and pay the price I WANT! So, I think everyone has to try iWriter for themselves and come to their own conclusions. I've never had an issue. I'm not insinuating that no-one has never had issues with iWriter, but no more than any other content mill.
How easy is it to stay at Elite/Elite Plus once you get up there? I'm hopefully(!) about to move up to Premium as soon as my 25th article gets approved, but I've noticed that it's very easy for a few 4 or even 4.5-star ratings to drag my rating down below the standard I'd need to be promoted further. Then there are those clients who say "sorry I don't need this any more" and reject with 3 stars, which has an even bigger impact. To stay at Elite Plus, you must need almost all your articles to be rated 5 stars. Does anyone actually manage that? Are the clients any less demanding, or at least less random with their rejections, at those levels?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2016, 07:46 AM
prosperg's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by springtulip View Post
How easy is it to stay at Elite/Elite Plus once you get up there? I'm hopefully(!) about to move up to Premium as soon as my 25th article gets approved, but I've noticed that it's very easy for a few 4 or even 4.5-star ratings to drag my rating down below the standard I'd need to be promoted further. Then there are those clients who say "sorry I don't need this any more" and reject with 3 stars, which has an even bigger impact. To stay at Elite Plus, you must need almost all your articles to be rated 5 stars. Does anyone actually manage that? Are the clients any less demanding, or at least less random with their rejections, at those levels?
Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been busy writing...LOL Anyways, you've hit on a lot of good points. It can be tricky staying at Elite because one or two rejections can have you back at the lower levels if your Elite rating is right on the edge between 4.58 and 4.61 or something like that. I find that once you figure out who to write for depending on their rejection rate, you can pretty much stay out of the rejection zone as the "nicer" clients will not reject but ask for a rewrite. In fact, you can inform clients that a rejection can harm your rating and earning power. Ask them to request a rewrite if they have any problems, most will oblige. Or ask them if they want to reject, send it back for a rewrite and you will "cancel" the task. Therefore, you have to take advantage of the iwriter message system. Don't be shy about messaging clients.

The Elite Plus pays exceptionally well in many instances and if you can get one of them as a "regular client" you can make good bucks. In fact, you can make good bucks at the Elite level if you find a client who likes your writing style, and they will let you know! Don't worry about getting paid, I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IWRITER PAYMENTS...they come like clockwork. Keep in mind that many commenting about iwriter have never written for them! The company clients send fun requests as well. Overall, iwriter is not bad once you get used to the system. If you can get your score somewhere in the middle of the Elite status say 4.75+ or 4.8 a rejection here and there won't kill your score. You will remain in the Elite zone (or higher), so to speak.
Good Luck

Last edited by prosperg; 05-31-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2016, 11:41 AM
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 73
Default

Thanks for replying! I've now managed to get up to Elite level and have had a decent amount of work out of one client. Getting up to Elite Plus seems impossible, though! Every time I get a 4.5 rating it moves me further away from being promoted. It's so frustrating to get positive comments from clients, but then have it accompanied by a 4.5 rating that drags my average down and puts me at risk of demotion.

In the meantime, some of my other sites have become a little more active again, so I'm probably going to give up on getting to Elite Plus and just grab the occasional Elite job to keep iWriter on my radar. It's always useful to have an extra site to turn to.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2016, 04:24 PM
prosperg's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by springtulip View Post
Thanks for replying! I've now managed to get up to Elite level and have had a decent amount of work out of one client. Getting up to Elite Plus seems impossible, though! Every time I get a 4.5 rating it moves me further away from being promoted. It's so frustrating to get positive comments from clients, but then have it accompanied by a 4.5 rating that drags my average down and puts me at risk of demotion.

In the meantime, some of my other sites have become a little more active again, so I'm probably going to give up on getting to Elite Plus and just grab the occasional Elite job to keep iWriter on my radar. It's always useful to have an extra site to turn to.
Exactly! You are doing it the smart way. Just use them as a life-line. It's always good to have these type of sites like iWriter, Textbroker, etc, as backup when the writing work you prefer to do starts to dry up...Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 239
Default

Weird, but all this talk about I-writer made me go back there and see what was up. They've changed the website, but when I tried to log in got a message saying name or password invalid, even though my name and password were right there in the log-in fields. Even typed them in again but still got the same message.

So I sent them a note asking them why this was happening and am still waiting for a reply. (Said they'd get back to me in 24 hours, a lie).

I have a feeling it's because I'm an Elite and maybe they want me to register all over again so I can start at the bottom and they won't have to pay me as much? Hmmm?

Wouldn't put it past them.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2016, 05:01 AM
prosperg's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Girl View Post
Weird, but all this talk about I-writer made me go back there and see what was up. They've changed the website, but when I tried to log in got a message saying name or password invalid, even though my name and password were right there in the log-in fields. Even typed them in again but still got the same message.

So I sent them a note asking them why this was happening and am still waiting for a reply. (Said they'd get back to me in 24 hours, a lie).

I have a feeling it's because I'm an Elite and maybe they want me to register all over again so I can start at the bottom and they won't have to pay me as much? Hmmm?

Wouldn't put it past them.
They've always gotten back to me within 24hrs, minimum 48hrs...honestly. However, I doubt if they are trying to cheat you out of your "Elite" status. Elites are some of the highest earners. Why would they not want you to make money? When you sent the message did you use this link. These types of sites have complicated software and things do get a bit crazy sometimes. When was the last time you logged in? Did you write in the priority field: Critical? Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 239
Default

Yes, prosperg, it would be dumb of them to bump me back down to a beginner's stage, but I've written for them long enough to know that dumb things do happen over there. Yes, I did use that link. Maybe they'll get back to me today and we'll have this straightened out.

It's been some months since I logged in over there and even longer since I actually did any work. Crossing my fingers.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off