Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Made $0 from Adsense since September~ --

As you probably are aware, I had an unfortunate eventful fall; therefore, my blogging time has been next to nothing. Despite the lack of updating, I have received visitors, so that is a good thing!

Now----

I have also not seen an increase in my Adsense earnings since September, or around that time. I need advice!

(Blog in siggie.)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Awesome WAHM

First, I see that you have had 1700 or so visitors to the site, truthfully that is not that many to even judge if a site will be successful. If you started this site in Sept that would only be around 400 visitors a month if that and you are going to need more traffic than that to really see earnings.

Secondly, the site is not optimized for Adsense at all. It appears that the only ads are the ones in between the post on the home page? And then after the individual posts? Even with a site with more traffic you wouldn't expect a very good CTR on a set up like that.

When you did your keyword research what was the CPC for the keywords? Was there competition for advertisers?

When I look at your site the ads really don't relate to the topic at all. For example, one ad is for online games and another one is for a homeschool academy online. Even if I was looking for the information on your site the ads wouldn't interest me that much at all.

Have you sold any books from Amazon? In my opinion I would take most of the Amazon listings off the side and insert affiliate links in the posts instead. Links in posts have been proven to do better than sidebar ads in almost every niche. For example in your post Signs of an Emerging Reader, you could link to Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See when you mention it on the post.

Instead of linking out another website for the reviews of the books, are you going to be doing your own reviews of them? You may be losing money this way as well.

Not trying to be harsh on you but if you really want to improve the site you have to look at these things. If you need any more help, just ask and I hope this helped you out some. Good luck!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:11 PM
WAHM Fanatic

You should create a bookstore tab and then include the amazon book tabs in there with certain subjects. I think if you keep posting, the ads will start to relate to your topics.