Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default FB Account to Promote Your Blog?

Okay, I know you can utilize FB for a typical business, but what about setting an account to promote a blog?

In a roundabout way, I am "selling" products on my blog (in siggie) through the Amazon Affiliate program and AdSense, but more importantly, I want to draw people to my blog.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2012, 04:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderone View Post
Okay, I know you can utilize FB for a typical business, but what about setting an account to promote a blog?

In a roundabout way, I am "selling" products on my blog (in siggie) through the Amazon Affiliate program and AdSense, but more importantly, I want to draw people to my blog.
If you have the time and can afford it, I would recommend getting a book about blogging and reading it. It will have answers to a lot of commonly asked questions, and it will help you cut your learning curve down from years or months to weeks.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Super WAHM

Sure, create a page for your blog, then you can have people "like" that page and post content to it and links back to your blog. But you will still need some organic search engine traffic, you should work on that before you worry about creating a facebook fan page for your blog.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:52 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Expert View Post
If you have the time and can afford it, I would recommend getting a book about blogging and reading it. It will have answers to a lot of commonly asked questions, and it will help you cut your learning curve down from years or months to weeks.
Out of curiousity, would you have a specific recommendation? With the way things change and what not, finding something I could trust to be relevant would make me more comfortable purchasing it.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

You should absolutely start a FB page (not a profile, a page) for your blog. Getting people to like your page will help but just having another place to put your link will help, too. Social media like FB and Twitter are being used more and more often to find information. People treat it like a search engine.

The thing with a facebook page is that you kind of need to treat it like a community - ask people questions, ask for their recommendations, ask what they think, etc. If people have a "relationship" with you (via Facebook) the will be more likely to go to your blog. Once you get them to your blog there is a possibility that they will click on links. That possibility isn't there if they don't get to your blog!

Honestly, it might be even more beneficial for you to get on Google+ and share info on there. With the new ways of searching that Google will be implementing (Search your world) people will be using their connections more to find things that they are interested in.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderone View Post

Having a Facebook Fan page is one of the latest SEO strategies, people are implementing. Add a Twitter account too. Then have people like and follow your accounts.