Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Is getting into RS worth it? *Trying not to panic*

I am determined not to panic right now, but if I do not figure out something soon, I just might.

My blog has traffic but not the income that I desire. I know my posts have been infrequent, but my fall has been, unfortunately, eventful. I lost three loved ones between October and December, and I just received word that my grandmother is quite ill and not expected to live much longer.

I have a lot going on, but I still need to figure out something - fast - to bring income in for our family, even if it is $100/week.

Is writing for Hub worth it? I thought about writing some articles related to my blog for backlinking purposes.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Honestly if you are at the panic stage- rev share isn't likely to be a HUGE immediate benefit. It is more something you do a little of on a daily basis as an investment, to my way of thinking. I wish I had some other alternative for you, and I assume you've got a couple weekly pay mills in your egg basket- otherwise, that's what I'd say. 100 a week with the mills isn't unrealistic at all, though.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

I understand it would not produce immediate results; I was hoping that I could find a way to build up my blog while working elsewhere.

I had steady eggs that are, as of recent, gone. Gone. I do not have anything, really. I still have MC; however, it will soon be inconsistent. I am a proofreader and level 4 at TB; however, once again, the work is inconsistent. A PC just informed me that freelance writers will no longer be utilized.

I am not sure where to begin, but I need to build up other areas of my career.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:09 AM
WAHM Regular

Uuugh, I feel you, I know right where you're at. As far as it goes, I don't think it hurts to start tossing a little energy towards rev share. I know some people who have done that for years and pull in a consistently tidy little chunk. If you're looking to do something in the "need to DO something" sense- I think it'd be good for that much and it is a good way to get things going and keep motivated, I think.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Awesome WAHM

This is completely depressing. I hope that things will turn around for all of us. At this point, I cannot see it happening for, at least, a long while.

I am hesitant to post a CL ad. I would like to set up a marketing site for myself; however, I really do not know what to charge, what services I would like to provide, what I need as far as legal contracts, etc.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderone View Post
This is completely depressing. I hope that things will turn around for all of us. At this point, I cannot see it happening for, at least, a long while.

I am hesitant to post a CL ad. I would like to set up a marketing site for myself; however, I really do not know what to charge, what services I would like to provide, what I need as far as legal contracts, etc.
Don't be afraid of Craigslist. I put something up right around the holidays (got no response) and just two days ago someone responded (I forgot I even put it up) and it is an awesome opportunity.

Some people have better luck putting their ad in the largest "big city" to where they live (more exposure) but I actually have had the best success putting ads in the smaller geographic are section of where I live (less people post there, so less competition)

best of luck
Old 01-10-2012, 12:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:

You should try posting something on CL- I have had great success gaining PCs by posting ads offering my writing services. Its always nice to open up my e-mail account and see an inquiry from a potential new client!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:

I don't think I'd have any private clients if I didn't post craigslist ads, lol.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:06 PM
WAHM Regular

I just got a hit on a CL ad I posted today New at this CL ad posting so I also do not know what the going rate is for PC work for articles or copywriting or editing. Any suggestions on what to charge would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeegirl View Post
I just got a hit on a CL ad I posted today New at this CL ad posting so I also do not know what the going rate is for PC work for articles or copywriting or editing. Any suggestions on what to charge would be greatly appreciated.
I second that!

I just need an idea as to what any of you charge for editing, etc. - if you would be so kind to share.

How do you word your CL ads?