Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Super WAHM

I don't have any advice, I just wanted to chime in and tell you how sorry I am to hear about all of your recent losses.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Super WAHM

There aren't any "going rates" for private clients. I would think people would know that by now. Clients are willing to pay a wide rage of rates, and writers are willing to work for a wide range of rates. You need to choose a rate you are happy with and that you feel is commensurate with your skills and experience.

For awhile I had 21 different ads on CL in large cities and in small towns. I decided to experiment. In four ads I had four different rates for article writing - $3, $15, $30 and $50. I got responses to all four of these ads meaning that potential clients, depending on budgets, will pay a little or a decent rate.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:24 PM
WAHM Regular

There are so many factors involved that you won't know if RS works for you until you give it a shot I'd say go for it, especially if you will also use it for backlinks. If I have one regret about writing from home over the past 8 years, it is that I did not start RS earlier. If I had written just one RS article a day for the past 8 years, I would have the potential to earn money from nearly 3,000 articles each month. That would be nice!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

I usually don't list my rates in the ad itself.

I list my skills, the services I offer, my experience etc.

I ask people to email me with what kind of article/project etc. they need done and that I will respond with my rates.

I do this b/c I may not mind doing some easy web content for a lower rate, but if I am going to do a white paper or something with a ton of links etc. I may charge a higher rate.

I really don't have a flat fee, I have a fee range based on the type of work.

The best thing to do honestly is put an ad up. It's like fishing, if your pole is not in the water, you will not get any bites. You can improve your ad or change your rates over time. If you have ads up, you will eventually get a response. If you wait to make the perfect ad, you are missing out on chances.

Last edited by VCat84; 01-10-2012 at 06:41 PM.