Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 AM
WAHM Addict

Default client wants so many keywords, ugh

(Keep in mind I am new to SEO and all.)

They want 300-350 words with required keywords of seven phrases totaling 27 words, but they want all the keywords repeated 3-4 times. So.... one third of this article is going to be keywords? All seven phrases have "adult acne" so 21-28 times in 300 words I have to say adult acne. So... roughly... each sentence will have a keyword and each sentence would have adult acne. Wouldn't using the words that many times be counter-productive for SEO purposes? I mean, I don't have an issue with writing it, I just think it'll not give them the results they want.

Last edited by cassandra; 11-08-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2011, 05:57 AM
WAHM Addict

That's one of the reasons I hated working with Magic Yellow towards the end. When I'd first started there there were 21 keywords, the top 7 you had to use 2 times each and then the remaining 14, you had to pick three of them and use it at least once but no more than 11 times.

Towards the end, it was use the top 7 twice each and the remaining 14 at least once each and no more than 11 times.

So 300 word article, 14 of those words were the top keywords and then up to 154 with the remaining keywords if you used them all 11 times. That was half your article was keywords. But they also threw in writing must be at the college level per Word and be fluent. It was virtually impossible to create a fluid, college level article using that many keywords.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have a client like that he usually requires 20-30 keywords in a 300 word article. They only have to be used once but fitting the words in their and not having it sound stuffed can be a task.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Super WAHM

I accepted one like this on Textbroker. I was amused because I thought it was a typo. The instructions wanted something like 6 keywords used 25 times. In the end, it read like this:

"Smurfs find smurfing up the smurfy smurf quite smurfy. Smurfs who know smurfs who smurf can join in on the smurftastic smurf fun with their smurfest smurfy smurfs."

(This was a PITA to type on my Android because it kept autocorrecting "smurf " to "snuff", which read like something else entirely.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalloryKnox View Post
I accepted one like this on Textbroker. I was amused because I thought it was a typo. The instructions wanted something like 6 keywords used 25 times. In the end, it read like this:

"Smurfs find smurfing up the smurfy smurf quite smurfy. Smurfs who know smurfs who smurf can join in on the smurftastic smurf fun with their smurfest smurfy smurfs."

(This was a PITA to type on my Android because it kept autocorrecting "smurf " to "snuff", which read like something else entirely.
LOL! Damn you, autocorrect!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
LOL! Damn you, autocorrect!
One of my favorite websites.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have to admit that when I see excessive numbers of keywords on a content mill article, I don't write it. I refuse to actively 'stuff' keywords.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:11 PM
WAHM Regular

The worst part of it is that the clients do not realize that keyword stuffing does not give them higher ranking on google. It may actually drive their ranking down, from what i have read about SEO.

Even so, if we want to make money, we have to give the client what they want to make them happy, even if we know they are going about it the wrong way. Keyword stuffing gives me a headache Especially when they are "keyphrases."
Old 11-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

I particularly love it when the key phrases themselves are ungrammatical. Or when editors and proofreaders slam you for grammar errors that are in the key phrases.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
WAHM Regular

The clients on Writer Access tend to want a lot of keywords shoved into a short article. I'm hard pressed to find an article on there that can be over 175 words. I take those articles as a personal challenge. Fitting 3 or 4 keywords repeatedly into a 175 word article is not always easy.

I have to say though, my articles usually are approved with no problem. So I guess these clients liked to see a keyword stuffed article.