Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Awesome WAHM

I was hired by WordzForHire a few months ago but I only did a few articles because I was busy with other clients. She paid me what she owed me. It wasn't much but I was paid.

As for this thread that I started, I feel guilty seeing it because I still feel like it is my fault since I am the one who brought you guys into it. I honestly didn't know Kristi was like this. I eventually got most of my money but only because I was hired through Elance and I filed a dispute to get it. She still owes me a couple of hundred dollars though that I worked for off the clock when she talked me into it.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson26 View Post
I was hired by WordzForHire a few months ago but I only did a few articles because I was busy with other clients. She paid me what she owed me. It wasn't much but I was paid.

As for this thread that I started, I feel guilty seeing it because I still feel like it is my fault since I am the one who brought you guys into it. I honestly didn't know Kristi was like this. I eventually got most of my money but only because I was hired through Elance and I filed a dispute to get it. She still owes me a couple of hundred dollars though that I worked for off the clock when she talked me into it.
No do not feel guilty! I never even saw your original post. I was hired through her company after being referred on Fb. I just stumbled across this yesterday and thought I would share.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:38 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tskmoore View Post
No do not feel guilty! I never even saw your original post. I was hired through her company after being referred on Fb. I just stumbled across this yesterday and thought I would share.
It is not your fault that I feel guilty. I just think about what happened back then and feel like I should have dug deeper on her.

I didn't know the lady from WordzfForHire was a scam artisit too. So sorry you are going through this as well. I have been scammed quite a few times since this incident happened with Kristi. This is why I try to only work through contracts on Odesk. Hope things get resolved for you! And thanks for letting us know!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Registered WAHM

Angry

She is definitely at it again. Beware! Watch out for Words for hire or Wordz for hire. Been waiting about 2 months to be paid. It is one excuse after another and it is not acceptable.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned

Have any of you seen the blog posts or articles published that you weren't paid for? You can take up legal action if she is using them for financial gain, right? I'm sure you could even just for not being paid, but with them being published I would think you could do even more. I'm sorry to everyone who fell into this woman's web of lies.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Awesome WAHM

Has anyone filed a complaint with Angela Hoy's Whispers and Warnings?
Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Registered WAHM

Yep, I have seen my stuff published. I got a rude email from her asking me not to include her in this conversation on this forum so she is definitely viewing it. I posted a complaint to scambook.com which can go to the Attorney General but will also try the other you mentioned. Other writers are following suit as well.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:57 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Sad to hear that this is going on again. I know the situation on WPLH last year was a huge kerfluffle.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 PM
WAHM Regular

OMG. I could not believe this topic is on the front page again. I was ripped of by this "person" last October, along with another close friend of mine. Stay away at all costs! I am still owed hundreds of dollars by her.

Wait, is this "Theresa Smith" Leanne Bloms? Or is this another scammer? I was ripped of by Bloms.

Last edited by Buzeus; 09-26-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered WAHM

Thumbs down Scammed me as well

Theresa Smith
http://www.wahm.com/forum/members/29366-reese9905
Marketing Strategist, Words for Hire
Tel: 256-274-1555 cell 256-280-0076
www.smiththeresa.com
[email protected]

I guess I should have searched this fourm for this lady from the sounds of it she has been doing this for some time now. I paid her in advance over three weeks ago. She kept telling me she would going to send me my goods but it never came and then I looked for her on here, where she found me and then I found this thread. I shared her info (seen above).

I also found her on another fourm; https://www.elance.com/s/mrssmith/resume/10180/

Last edited by Party Las Vegas; 02-18-2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: adding more info