Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default TB: Author Profile, TO and DO Questions

1) I am not finished with my Author Profile, only 47% complete. Are clients able to view what we have completed?

2) How have you gained DOs?

ETA: My question regarding TOs has been answered via another thread.

Last edited by tenderone; 10-08-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Super WAHM

Yes, profiles are still in progress so I don't think it's possible to complete them. What you do fill out can be searched for by clients, so focus on the interests section and fill it will keywords.

I pursue direct orders by messaging clients who rate me "excellent". I just thank them for the opportunity to work on the project and for the feedback, and tell them I would be interested in doing DOs for them in the future.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megank View Post
Yes, profiles are still in progress so I don't think it's possible to complete them. What you do fill out can be searched for by clients, so focus on the interests section and fill it will keywords.

I pursue direct orders by messaging clients who rate me "excellent". I just thank them for the opportunity to work on the project and for the feedback, and tell them I would be interested in doing DOs for them in the future.
Have you been successful doing this with DO's? I have done this too but have not had a DO yet. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:53 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Most of my DO clients have approached me and asked.
I hardly ever run out of DOs - have close to 40 sitting there right now - and only dip into the open order queue if something looks interesting or I need a change of pace.

In fact, I can't remember a single one that I got by using that "thank you and keep me in mind" approach. I'm sure there was one somewhere along the line, but I hardly ever do that anymore.

Other people say they have wonderful luck with it - it certainly doesn't hurt.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Super WAHM

Well, I've only been at TB for about 6 weeks, but I've landed 2 DO clients by sending that message. I only do it for excellent ratings. I try to write in a variety of categories so I have a better chance of working with new clients. Eventually I would like to be like Sherryy and not have to do open orders. I feel like I'm spending too much time chasing work right now.

I have also been invited to a team based on my profile, so I think interests are important to fill out at least.

Hey Sherryy, I've been wanting to ask someone....do DOs expire before you accept them?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:57 PM
WAHM Fanatic

The client can cancel a DO, but they don't expire before you accept them.

I've heard that they don't even really expire if you let the timer run out - but they do disappear if you cancel out by accident.

I let all my DO clients know that I'll get to them as soon as I can, but that I work with a lot of people - and I also have a full-time job. If they have an urgent need, let me know - otherwise give me a realistic deadline.

Then, I write the article in Word, accept the DO, paste it in, and do the final proofread.

I rarely have a DO open for longer than an hour before submitting it.

This does freak some clients out until they get used to my habits. Most are fine with it, but some will message me to make sure I can fit them in. Just make sure you communicate your timeframes and any issues, and you should be fine.

DOs are definitely the way to go on TB - much easier to give the client what they need when you're both used to working with each other.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryy View Post
Most of my DO clients have approached me and asked.
I hardly ever run out of DOs - have close to 40 sitting there right now - and only dip into the open order queue if something looks interesting or I need a change of pace.

In fact, I can't remember a single one that I got by using that "thank you and keep me in mind" approach. I'm sure there was one somewhere along the line, but I hardly ever do that anymore.

Other people say they have wonderful luck with it - it certainly doesn't hurt.
This is good to know. I just sent a private message to a client that rated my article as "excellent." We will see how it goes!

If I can ask, what do you recommend listing for a DO rate?
Old 10-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks, Sherryy. I have been accepting them pretty quickly so they don't go away but it puts me in a crunch when I have other things to do. Now I can take my time.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Super WAHM

The maximum a client can give on DOs is 10 days. However, if the ten days run out the order won't be automatically canceled like in open-orders.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:01 AM
WAHM Addict

My profile shows it's 100 percent completed. To get to the 100 percent, I had to fill the profile with samples (I think it was 3). Photo is required too.

I haven't had any direct orders. I had one person send me a message asking if I would consider lowering my rate, which is at 2.5 cents. With the extra 30% that TB adds on, the rates shows up as just over 3 cents per word and the client said he couldn't go over 2 cents. To get to that I'd have to lower my rate to 1.5 cents, which I won't do.

Of course, I don't do a lot with TB normally. I think I've completed a total of 40 articles, in the three years I've been with TB. My private clients pay far more, so it's very rare that I'll do TB work, but I always keep it for a slow day or as back up.