Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Which one? YCN or Hubpages?

Ok, I wrote an article on bathroom tile ideas for DMS and it came back with a ridiculous re-write. No surprise there huh? Which means I let it expire because I was not fixing what they wanted when it was stupid to me and a lot of things they wanted changed. Anyway, I wrote the darn thing and now I want to put it on either YCN or Hubpages. Which one would you choose? Maybe I could put the original on one, like YCN and re-write it and put that one on Hubpages as long as I choose non-exclusive rights on YCN? Or should I just choose one? On one hand, I might get an upfront payment on YCN and I might not but I will get performance payments. On another hand I haven't put anything up on Hubpages in a while and I have one submitted to YCN right now from last week. What would any of you do? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2011, 10:04 PM
WAHM Regular

YCN. Hubpages has been hit badly by Panda, AC has but seems to be climbing out of it more (if it least my PVs and those of a few other people I know are anything to go by).

I like YCN and I think there will be major changes coming soon (rumor has it Alibaba - Chinese company - is going to buy all of Yahoo including AC - may be an announcement as early as tomorrow. I'm excited, if that happens. Could be major new opportunities at YCN).
Old 10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yeah I have decided to put it up on YCN. Thanks for the advice!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Awesome WAHM

Personally I've done well with HubPages recently. Very well. They have recovered and are still getting better. I don't think Panda should be used as a sign of where to post your articles. I think you should at the traffic the site gets as a whole.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Awesome WAHM

Well I haven't submitted it to any site yet but I will take your advice into consideration cabaret. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabaret View Post
Personally I've done well with HubPages recently. Very well. They have recovered and are still getting better. I don't think Panda should be used as a sign of where to post your articles. I think you should at the traffic the site gets as a whole.
I agree. My traffic and earnings are at an all-time high - way more than Pre-Panda levels. They are also implementing new changes like Google custom ads that are expected to drive up revenue further by 10-15% per HP staff. So, there are a lot of good things happening at HubPages. You can check out what HP users themselves have to say on these forum threads,

Just hit a new high...800 Hub views in one day.

The Hubpages recovery is official

And about the upcoming Google custom ads change,

Google Custom AdSense and Tweaks to Ad Layouts
Old 10-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Awesome WAHM

Well I don't know what to do now. I had one submitted to YCN about seizures because my husband has them and they said it was not unique enough because there was already the same information on the Internet about seizures. Well, what is not already on the Internet, ya know? So I deleted it and am putting it on Hubpages and I might do the same with the ones rejected by DMS. I am really getting tired of these content mills and cannot wait until I find a private client. Thanks everyone!