Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:32 AM
WAHM Addict

Default Answer from Populis

I was getting concerned over the lack of editing that's been happening this week. It seems they've moved things back to 5 in your queue at a time, so while I had five in editing, I was getting messages that I have too many articles in my queue and was losing others that were timing out as a result.

Given that, I emailed them today. They went through and edited all of mine today to eliminate that issue. The five at a time in your queue is apparently one of the new glitches that's appeared after their update.Apparently, they've been having major issues with the site. They tried updating it and that made it worse.

While it says you're supposed to get 96 hours to complete an article, many, including me, were actually claiming titles and showing 90 to 94 hours instead. Usually, I'd take a title and it would show 93 hours. They've also been having problems with the categories not working/allowing you to check the box that matched the sub-category and issues with photos. I haven't had issues with photos that I know of, but I do know that the boxes for sub-categories only showed up if I saved as a draft and then went back in.

They said there is lots of work, they just don't want to add anything new until the system is running correctly again. It sounds like a lot of articles were being submitted and showing everything was there to the writer, but on the editor's end, there were lots of things missing or incomplete.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Awesome WAHM

I noticed the same things - the timer going immediately from 96 to 93 hours when I claimed a title, and having to save the draft then go back in to add sub-categories.

It's nice to know they have more work on the way, once the glitches are resolved.

Hopefully, this won't delay paying out the final round of bonuses.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:46 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgywriter View Post
Hopefully, this won't delay paying out the final round of bonuses.
I didn't get an answer on that, so hopefully by Monday there's a bonus waiting! If they want to tie it in to normal pay, I'd be happy with that. I could use the money because I'm still waiting to see if Wikio really pays or not now that they've closed down.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:28 PM
WAHM Regular

It's real relief to read your post about their email. I was getting worried and thought of concentrating only on private clients. I hope things get tuned up by Monday and I don't have to spend hours searching for new clients.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:20 PM
WAHM Regular

anng, Populis have cut WAY back on the articles writers are allowed to write. Now, you're only allowed to take 5 at at time and no more articles until those 5 have been edited.

That means, if you have a slow editor (one of mine takes 8 days sometimes) you could go a week with only being able to write 5 articles.

I've pretty much stopped bothering with them. Five articles is pathetic, and not worth spending so much time on the site to make 33 euros a week.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:23 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
anng, Populis have cut WAY back on the articles writers are allowed to write. Now, you're only allowed to take 5 at at time and no more articles until those 5 have been edited.

That means, if you have a slow editor (one of mine takes 8 days sometimes) you could go a week with only being able to write 5 articles.

I've pretty much stopped bothering with them. Five articles is pathetic, and not worth spending so much time on the site to make 33 euros a week.
They say this 5 is a glitch. I'm hoping they get it raised back to 20 soon. Meanwhile, if you have them pending for more than 2 days, I suggest emailing them. I did and within two hours all of my pending articles were approved.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:26 AM
WAHM Regular

anng, no I don't think the five is a glitch.

I got a message from their Help Desk saying it was a new norm, to "allow more writers to choose articles". So, unfortunately, I think it's here to stay.

I managed to submit all mine mid-week but there's been nothing else to choose since last Monday and it's completely empty this weekend due to their maintenance.

Oh well, their loss. I've already moved onto another site and to my private clients. Five articles at Populis just isn't worth my time.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:42 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
anng, no I don't think the five is a glitch.

I got a message from their Help Desk saying it was a new norm, to "allow more writers to choose articles". So, unfortunately, I think it's here to stay.

I managed to submit all mine mid-week but there's been nothing else to choose since last Monday and it's completely empty this weekend due to their maintenance.

Oh well, their loss. I've already moved onto another site and to my private clients. Five articles at Populis just isn't worth my time.
It's interesting that you were told one thing while another told me it's a glitch that they're working on... Definitely reduces confidence levels on everything else they said.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
It's interesting that you were told one thing while another told me it's a glitch that they're working on... Definitely reduces confidence levels on everything else they said.
anng, I actually wonder if the right hand knows what the left hand is doing at Populis. They seem a bit clueless

So many problems lately. Payments late, pay people double then take it back from future payments, terrible communication, a drastic reduction of claim allowances etc.

I doubt I'll go back there, as my clients make up about 80% of my income and the other 20% comes from two websites I've owned for a couple of years, which I should be spending time on to grow further. Populis was great for some quick extra cash, as the writing was fun and easy, but now that it's not fun or easy I'll just go back to what I was doing before
Old 10-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Super WAHM

Thanks for the update ladies. I'm still really new to Populis and was trying to decide how much time I should spend writing for them. Now I think I will hold off until the glitches are fixed or they decide to make an official announcement regarding claim allowances.