Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default TB Level 5 - payment/article question

I am a proofreader and a level 4 writer at TB. Now, according to TB, a proofreader at a level 4 is automatically considered for advancement to level 5 after ten articles. With two down, eight more to go, I am curious as to what the average payment/article is at level 5?

Can you tell I am bound and determined to move on up?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm a level 5, and articles pay .05 per word. Most articles are 400-600 words, although I have done several 1200 word articles and also seen some 2000+ word stuff.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyMiss View Post
I'm a level 5, and articles pay .05 per word. Most articles are 400-600 words, although I have done several 1200 word articles and also seen some 2000+ word stuff.
Wow! That's right up my alley.

Are the topics generally similar to those offered to levels 1-4?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:46 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I hope one day I can reach level 5! I started at level 4 and have about 16 articles rated at that level. I just have to pass the proofreading test, which I already failed once the day I signed up. It would be great to have access to work at that rate when the company pays every week. It doesn't look like there are as many assignments at level 5 as there are at the other levels, but if your pay per article is more than double, you don't need as much work.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernansmom View Post
I hope one day I can reach level 5! I started at level 4 and have about 16 articles rated at that level. I just have to pass the proofreading test, which I already failed once the day I signed up. It would be great to have access to work at that rate when the company pays every week. It doesn't look like there are as many assignments at level 5 as there are at the other levels, but if your pay per article is more than double, you don't need as much work.
I've failed it three times It's frustrating because I write error-free articles, but obviously this test is the only thing that determines my worthiness. I just wish there was some sort of feedback to let me know which ones I'm getting wrong.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:12 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeangrey View Post
I've failed it three times It's frustrating because I write error-free articles, but obviously this test is the only thing that determines my worthiness. I just wish there was some sort of feedback to let me know which ones I'm getting wrong.
I agree with you. I don't think the test should be the only thing that determines our worthiness.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:31 PM
WAHM Regular

I do think that they should always include a critique of your article, even if it is minor. My last batch of articles came back and there were no edits for any. It would be helpful to include info for each if there is grammatical errors. I know they are sticklers for comma's.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Super WAHM

Commas, commas, commas. They are keeping me from L5. They waited 2 months to review my last batch and 4 of the 30 had ONE comma issue each, so they sent me a "better luck on your next review" letter, which seemed as if it wouldn't be for an other 2-3 months. I have not had any articles reviewed since 8/5 and have 40 waiting for review by TB. I'm sure there will be a comma issue or two in there somewhere that will keep me from L5 again. Its frustrating when I see so many L5 available.

On the bright side, being a proofreader on TB has actually earned me some money in the past 2-3 days, which is rare!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermommy View Post
Commas, commas, commas. They are keeping me from L5. They waited 2 months to review my last batch and 4 of the 30 had ONE comma issue each, so they sent me a "better luck on your next review" letter, which seemed as if it wouldn't be for an other 2-3 months. I have not had any articles reviewed since 8/5 and have 40 waiting for review by TB. I'm sure there will be a comma issue or two in there somewhere that will keep me from L5 again. Its frustrating when I see so many L5 available.

On the bright side, being a proofreader on TB has actually earned me some money in the past 2-3 days, which is rare!

I am sorry to hear that! I can certainly understand your frustration.

I have high hopes but that is about all I can do, I guess.

Although I love proofreading, I just wish there was more work!