Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Awesome WAHM

I would have fired him long ago. You can't put up with that stuff. The time you spend worrying about it can be better spent on other clients.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed View Post
I would have fired him long ago. You can't put up with that stuff. The time you spend worrying about it can be better spent on other clients.
I completely agree. People will walk all over you if you let them. There are just too many fish in the sea to put up with anyone's BS.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:34 PM
WAHM Regular

So wait, this guy is lowballing you AND harassing you about the due date when you already gave him one? Cut him loose. There's nothing to even debate. In the time it took you to write this post even, you could have been doing better work from somebody who actually appreciates you. Also, you can bet this client won't be getting any easier to work with beyond this assignment, and he certainly won't help you to get higher paying jobs, so it's not like dealing with all this nonsense is going to help you in any way.

Now, if you're concerned about exactly how to do it, just refund his money, then write a direct but professional email telling him exactly why you're ending the agreement (namely, because he can't hold up his part of the agreement, because his constant emails are limiting your productivity on all work (including his), and because you were doing him a favor in the first place by doing work below your standard rate anyway, which he seems not to appreciate). At that point, you have no responsibilities to him and you can go on about your business.

Last edited by CMPrice; 09-02-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:11 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I ended up refunding him and dropping the project. It was just too much stress for me. Shortly after I dropped him, I landed a $50 gig that only took an hour - and the client was the nicest woman ever. She said she loved my work and is already looking for more to send me. So it all worked out for the best.

In the future, I'll just drop clients like him immediately. I just feel guilty dropping projects. I have another large one where I have to terminate the agreement today (for future assignments -not the stuff I already did) because I'm just too busy. I loved the project and the company, but it pays less than my other stuff - yet takes up the most time. It sucks, because like I said, I love what I was doing...but I have to be practical and make sure I can provide for my family.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Difficult clients will always come along. I am about to have to drop 2 myself because the stress is just not worth it.
You did the right thing by refunding his money and dropping the project.
There is little to no point in working from home and being your own boss if people make you miserable.
Good luck in landing great clients who won't cause you a headache