Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Article writers needed!

Article writers needed! - WickedFire - Affiliate Marketing Forum - Internet Marketing Webmaster SEO Forum

We are looking for long term article writers at a rate of $2 per 500 words. This is a steady contract position and expect to receive between 30-90 articles to write per week. These positions can result in years of steady work provided that the quality of your work is consistent.

There are also opportunities to earn more than this starting rate as we occasionally have projects that pay up to $15 per article.

GUIDELINES

Our clients are mainly looking for SEO articles and product reviews. This will comprise 90% of the material that you write. The other 10% will be comprised of press releases, reports and ebooks. Most articles will be 400-600 words in length

The minimum number of articles you must be able to do per 24 hours is 5 500 word articles. You must also be available to write at least 5 days per week.

The articles should be well researched and interesting to read. Articles must be well written and free of any grammar and spelling errors.

The topic of the articles will vary, however, they will be on topics related to various niches such as weight loss, internet marketing, business, health and fitness, home and garden, etc.

All work must be 100% original and pass Copyscape and Plagiarism Detect. We will own all copyrights to all work upon payment. Articles are not to be reused in any way for any reason (including resell, reuse, re-write or give away). Scraped content will not be accepted.

Any articles that are not submitted on time or do not meet the guidelines will not be paid for. Detailed instructions will be given for every project along with a folder of basic writing tips so as long as you follow the rules there should be no problem. In fact, it is rare that articles are rejected when writers follow the guidelines.

PAYMENTS

Payment will be delivered weekly on Fridays via Paypal for the articles completed during that week.

You must complete at minimum 10 articles in order to receive an initial payment. If you let us know that you are quitting working with us regardless of the circumstances or disappear from the job before 10 articles have been completed a fee of $10 will be deducted from any payment that you are owed. This fee is charged in order to recover the loss of paying for the services of the recruiter that located you to work for us. If you complete 10 or more articles, no fee will be charged and you will receive the entire payment owed to you.

This is an independent contractor position. You will invoice us for the services that you perform for us.

HOW TO APPLY

Respond to [email protected] and provide a link to an article written and published in the past, or a link to blog you've written on or a link to articles that you've published to web directories like Ezinearticles.com.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Banned

So... basically I can just bang on my keyboard and submit gibberish at that rate, right? Cause that's what you're going to get.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri'smom View Post
Article writers needed! - WickedFire - Affiliate Marketing Forum - Internet Marketing Webmaster SEO Forum

PAYMENTS

Payment will be delivered weekly on Fridays via Paypal for the articles completed during that week.

You must complete at minimum 10 articles in order to receive an initial payment. If you let us know that you are quitting working with us regardless of the circumstances or disappear from the job before 10 articles have been completed a fee of $10 will be deducted from any payment that you are owed. This fee is charged in order to recover the loss of paying for the services of the recruiter that located you to work for us. If you complete 10 or more articles, no fee will be charged and you will receive the entire payment owed to you.

This is an independent contractor position. You will invoice us for the services that you perform for us.

HOW TO APPLY

Respond to [email protected] and provide a link to an article written and published in the past, or a link to blog you've written on or a link to articles that you've published to web directories like Ezinearticles.com.
So the pay is $2 for 500 words, which is way below market standards. How insulting. But, it just keeps getting better and better. If you guys read this post closely, it's clear the person who posted it is a recruiter and will get paid if we sign up.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:34 AM
WAHM Fanatic

So if you write 10 articles, you get a whole $20??? And then if, just before your 10th article, you have a family emergency and cannot write the last one, you get $10 (over half your payment) taken away, once you let this company know you can no longer write for them? How do writers benefit here?

Sorry, but I'd be ashamed to offer less than at least $5 for a 500 word article. Good luck getting interesting, unique content that makes any sense for this rate.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:35 AM
WAHM Regular

This sounds like a scam to me. I thought these types of posts weren't even allowed on here.

Edited to add: I don't think it's ethical to deduct money from people's earnings if they decide they don't want to do this after all.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn View Post
So the pay is $2 for 500 words, which is way below market standards. How insulting. But, it just keeps getting better and better. If you guys read this post closely, it's clear the person who posted it is a recruiter and will get paid if we sign up.
Ha, I didn't notice that. I was too busy trying to wrap my head around a company that openly admits to taking the money you have already made if you tell them you can't write more articles for them.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernansmom View Post
Ha, I didn't notice that. I was too busy trying to wrap my head around a company that openly admits to taking the money you have already made if you tell them you can't write more articles for them.
Yeah there was an awful lot to digest in that post. I figured a lot of people would probably stop after the "$2 for 500 words" part!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:51 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn View Post
Yeah there was an awful lot to digest in that post. I figured a lot of people would probably stop after the "$2 for 500 words" part!
I know I did LOL
Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 AM
WAHM Addict

I wonder if the poor abused writers who take this job are also required to pay their own PayPal fees from their meager wages too.

Wow.

I keep saying I'm going to stay out of the wage debate but at some point it becomes exploitation. I think this advertisement is THAT point.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:09 PM
WAHM Fanatic

All I can say is Wow!

And, from someone who's been a WAHM member since 2005 - just wow!