Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Super WAHM

Question When to spring for business cards?

When do you spring for business cards? Is there a certain time or level of writing clients when you decide to get them? Do you have them printed up? Vista Print? Let me know
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Super WAHM

I made some as soon as I started freelancing. I didn't go through a professional service, though. I just printed my own at home using an Avery kit from Office Depot.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Banned

I'm waiting until my website is finished. It's for my writing and my husband's voiceover work, so it's taking longer than I wanted, but I definitely don't want to print any up until that's done.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Personally I wouldn't recommend Vista Print. I have ordered things from them before and the quality is never good. I have my husband's business cards printed up at Staples. They only charge $25 for 200 business cards and they do an excellent job.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:40 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I got some made from Vista Print a few years ago. I don't hand them out that often since I rarely leave the house, lol. But there have been times that I have given them to other business people, so they are nice to have. I just got the free ones from Vista Print; with shipping and paying to keep the ad off the back of the card, it cost me about $12 (which is tax deductible, don't forget, lol).
Old 08-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Super WAHM

I had some made years ago at a local print shop. They were so cheap I canít even remember the price. The local shipping type stores do them where I live. I only give them to people after I interview them for print articles.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Awesome WAHM

I would say that you should get them when you are ready to actually use them to network with businesses in your area. Don't get them if you plan to let them collect dust (like mine have :P )