Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Argh!

Ok. So I'm working hard to land some better paying gigs. And in the meantime working my rear off to get the money we need now. WG is awesome and I know it'll be in soon.

Hubby is all excited about starting his own business, and I understand that. But jeez - when I say that I made x amount, that does NOT mean I made that today and already have been paid! He's not thinking or listening and if he asks me one more time if I'm sure he has to wait till next week before he buys over 100 dollars worth of stuff I'm going to scream!

I've explained that we've got bills coming out, we're finishing switching things over to the new bank account (took over 2.5 weeks for the workplace to switch the direct deposit. Jeez. Even the VA doesn't take that long.) That I'm waiting for pay, not have been paid. That everything is ready to be paid and will be paid and the money at the moment is tied up.

So he asks if I'm sure there's enough money in the bank. And did I work enough. And am I sure. And did the people pay me like they should have. Am I sure he can't order yet.

He's been so wonderful and great about everything and now suddenly he's overexcited and turning into a total pest! He'd probably go ahead and order stuff if he knew where the cards were!

And now he's trying to guilt me into getting enough paid to just let him go ahead and order or maybe work extra and get him some extra money...what? Oh....I'm so going to smack him.

It's not like I can just call up these companies and say hey. give me an advance. Hubby needs stuff for his classes he's teaching. I'll write for you later.

At least he was smart enough to not complain that I bought myself some Avon stuffs (after buying lil' one new shoes, groceries, and letting DH (at the moment, DPIA) buy books and training mats).

And there he goes again...where's that iron skillet?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2011, 12:31 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Haha, sometimes husbands are like little kids. It sounds like he is just excited, but it's frustrating when people don't get that making money today does not mean we are paid today. My husband acts similarly. When we go over bills, he asks how much I have, and I tell him what I *will* have by the time certain bills need to be paid. He gets one big check every 2 weeks; I have $50 here and $300 there coming from like 10 different clients, 10 different days, lol. Just because I am broke today does not mean I will be broke in a week (til I pay that bill at least, lol. )
Old 08-12-2011, 02:37 AM
Awesome WAHM

Oh I feel where you are coming from. My ex bf was like that. He could not grasp that the money wasn't in my hand. I had to wait a week or so for it. He had this uncanny way of knowing exactly how much we had and coming up with that exact same amount and attaching "we need (insert money amount) for this". It was so irritating. But yeah they get overly excited and they stop listening lol
Old 08-12-2011, 05:00 AM
Super WAHM

I know where you're coming from. My hubby can be the same sometimes, but at least yours sounds excited about his new business. Try a foam covered bat first. It gets their attention without knocking 'em out cold. If that fails then the skillet works at getting some peace and quiet.

Thankfully my hubby kind of caught on. When we got married I refused ( and still refuse ) to add his name to my checking account. When I started working and money started going into the checking account he suddenly got interested. For a little while I seriously wondered if he thought the money magically appeared in the checking account the moment the work order was approved. He'd want to go out or buy something and there wouldn't be the money to do it yet. I finally had to explain that the money was in limbo. I still don't think he understands, but he leaves the check book alone.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 AM
WAHM Regular

DH had one of those moments the other day. He found something on Craigslist that he really wanted and while it's not a dire necessity, it is something we need. First I had to remind him that just because the bank shows we have money doesn't necessarily mean we actually have it because I'd already written out bills and they hadn't went through yet. When he suggested I just write some articles real fast, I had to enlighten him to the fact that between waiting on payday and waiting for Paypal to transfer the money, it would be close to a week before I actually got the money.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:07 AM
WAHM Regular

I don't know exactly what your husband needs to buy, but you guys should check into Bill Me Later. Basically the way it works is that if the online store you are buying from has Bill Me Later as a payment option you can buy things now and have the bill sent to you later. If you have decent credit, and you shop on the right websites, Bill Me Later can be a god-send. Just a thought.