Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbkwriters View Post
Then I wrote another article that was about the mating habits of an animal, and included some other information about the eggs, incubation and stuff like that. Then that editor was like " where the animal mates has nothings to do with mating behavior," how many eggs has nothing to do with mating behavior, ect.

I was like huh ... I think it all depends on the editors, and they all want different things.
When I get to an article open to interpretation and I've had an editor make a comment in the past, I'll include a note before I submit it. For example, I had one for Local.com a couple weeks ago about festivals in a specific city where the editor made a comment about how I shouldn't include the names of the festivals but just generically state what the festival celebrates. I did another last week and told the editor that I'd been told in the past not to include specific names and therefore had left them out and if that wasn't the right thing to do, I'd be happy to add them. She/he approved it first shot with a note back to me saying that the names really do belong but that I'd included enough info on the city and events that it would work. I find if I explain my methods based on past comments, I don't have a problem.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2011, 07:09 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
I find if I explain my methods based on past comments, I don't have a problem.
I agree with this. Submitting a note and explaining why I did something a certain way always helps me. The CE usually sends a nice note back.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Well I didn't have to quit DS...they fired me last week. Although I had written over 30 articles for DS in the short time I wrote for them and the majority of those 30 articles were approved with no rewrite request, I was placed in the stupid writer development bull**** awhile ago. I even emailed them and disputed it, but they refused to reconsider. I took about 2 months off from writing to concentrate on launching a business venture with my husband. Now that that is up and running I've gone back to writing, and I came back to DS to find out I was in the writer development program with no warning whatsoever. So for a couple months I didn't write for them at all. Then a few weeks ago I took a stab at one more article. The article came back with rewrite requests which were stupid, but I made the changes and re-sumbitted the article. The article was accepted and I thought everything was fine. Two days later I get an email from DS telling me they are letting me go.

Honestly though, I'm glad to be rid of them. The money was nice, but the stress was not. Besides, I've been cleaning up on Textbroker lately, so I'm mainly concentrating on them now.