Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Default DS and another WDP Sweep!

So who got placed into the WDP with DS? I just received my email.

My scores for the past three months have been in the 4.0 and 4.3 range, but I guess they went by your average, which for me is a 3.8 so I just missed the mark. I'm a little frustrated by this, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Just curious to see what everyone was going to do in the mean time for work....when work is scarce everywhere.

Just trying to hold my head up. I hope every one of my wahm's make it through these three articles that got selected.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Super WAHM

After two years and almost 1,000 articles with DS, I have been kicked into the program. My scores for the past several months have ALL been in the green, but my overalls were 3.6 and 3.8 due to a lot of 3 scores when I first started in 2009. I can tell you that I got one silly rejection last month, that I should have appealed, and I just had a rewrite in which the editor was pretty rude and rated me a "3" for both scores (I know because it was my first approved article of the month. Despite that one bad score, by the time my other 4 articles were edited, I was well into the green, which means they had to be rated pretty high. They say that you have to have 3 different editors recommend you for placement, but I don't believe it. My scores have been stellar until this one edit last night and now all of the sudden I am in the program. I just don't see have they take people with 4+ scores and stick them in WDP. This is why DS gives me stress. Now those titles that I stayed up until 4AM to snag last night are gone and I have yet to hear of anyone graduate from this program.

Sorry, I REALLY needed to vent. I just had a bad experience at the DMV, had my PP card declined and then I come home to this. We have the baby due in 3 months and I was hoping to get a little savings going.

As for my plans, I guess it is Wikio mostly for now, with some TB and MC peppered in.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:05 PM
WAHM Regular

I know exactly how you feel. I've stayed up late working so that I can claim new titles that drop in at 4 a.m. I had half of my articles drafted out when I logged on and found out that they couldn't be completed. This sucks, but it's out of our hands.

Please feel free to PM me if you need support.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Super WAHM

I just got placed in after working for them since May of 2009. I think the WDP may have to do with a combination of low public stocks and PANDA on Demand's part. I plan to write for MC. I want to place articles up for sale on Ghostblogger. My third idea involves submitting magazine queries and possibly starting some form of passive income. I figured there was life before DMS. I know tons more about online writing and writing in general than I did back in 2009.

I had four articles outlined on a sheet of paper about origami. I'm thinking about posting them up on Ghostblogger to see how the site works. I was in shock when I logged in and all my claims were gone. Good luck to everyone!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Sorry to hear this guys, going to check over there right now. But I never heard of this WDP...what is that?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:44 PM
WAHM Addict

If you know how to market yourself, why not do some Amazon ebooks for Kindle. That way, you can get paid over and over for the same work.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:13 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2809 View Post
I just got placed in after working for them since May of 2009. I think the WDP may have to do with a combination of low public stocks and PANDA on Demand's part. I plan to write for MC. I want to place articles up for sale on Ghostblogger. My third idea involves submitting magazine queries and possibly starting some form of passive income. I figured there was life before DMS. I know tons more about online writing and writing in general than I did back in 2009.

I had four articles outlined on a sheet of paper about origami. I'm thinking about posting them up on Ghostblogger to see how the site works. I was in shock when I logged in and all my claims were gone. Good luck to everyone!
With all of the information that you have learned writing for DMS, you can definitely get to work building some passive income. I had always drug my feet about starting my own sites and kept focusing on Rev sharing sites to build some passive income. When the panda update hit and really hurt my hubpages earnings for a while, I finally got myself a hosting package and put up a blog. That was in April.

I have built some more blogs since then and I am very happy with the one that I started in April is doing. Last month (3 months in as of the 15th), I earned a bit over $40 from the blog. This is continuing to grow each day. I wish that I would have started this earlier.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Super WAHM

I've been kicking around the idea of starting an online magazine. Not sure how to proceed, though, since PANDA. I do much better with 2nd and 3rd person. Can you still get plug ins if you own your own site?

Rosegrower - The Writer's Development Program places writers into, essentially, a writer's trial period. Just like when everyone first started. You can claim up to three articles. Senior editors grade your work and make suggestions on how to improve things. Scores have something to do with why writers get placed into the program. Even writers with a score of 4 or higher received notice that they were placed in the program. (At least that's what I was told.) I'm not sure if anyone has ever passed WDP.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:49 PM
WAHM Addict

I didn't get an email and my grammar scores stay stuck on 3.7 and 3.8 for months now. This whole WDP thing really makes it hard for me to write another article for DS or LS. Who needs the added stress on top of a possible ridiculous rewrite request?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2809 View Post
Rosegrower.....I'm not sure if anyone has ever passed WDP.
I appreciate you taking the time to tell me what it is, has to be a real disappointment.