Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:00 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Shouting in CAPS....

Does it irritate you when someone posts a message or sends an email and it is all written in uppercase? I know that's considered shouting but are we perhaps just oversensitive these days? (no I didn't do it and get yelled at lol, I just wonder why it seems to be so irritating)....
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2011, 02:15 PM
WAHM Regular

I can't stand it It's one thing to put one word in caps for emphasis, but to put the whole thing in caps is like highlighting an entire book, and it's hard to read.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Awesome WAHM

I agree with randi02 in that it is hard to read. It bothers me that the person has not taken the time to capitalize words properly. Above all, at least to me, I do not appreciate being "yelled" at, which is how I view TEXTS, POSTS OR MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS. It is as if they cannot get my attention enough and MUST CAP EVERYTHING.

NO, I DO NOT THINK WE ARE OVERSENSITIVE. (To me, this all-capped sentence alone appears to have an "aggressive" or "rude" feel to it.)

Now that we are in the electronic age - be it texting, emailing or whatever - we must roll with it by following new types of courtesies, being attentive to others' feelings.

JMHO!
Old 07-24-2011, 02:43 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I believe we are not being over sensitive. I know that when I get bill in my medical billing job and there is a note on the outside all in caps, I wonder why the person is so upset about this particular issue.

Depending on the age of the person, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I know some that did not grow up with this technology do not realize that it is yelling to put something all in caps.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Super WAHM

YES.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

It irritates me very little because I just assume the person on the other side is like my mom... she just doesn't get it.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:41 PM
WAHM Regular

I hate when friends post in ALL CAPS on Facebook. I kind of view it as a sign of laziness and that irritates me. Haha!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Awesome WAHM

It is annoying and hard to read, but if I don't know the person well, I usually assume they have a hard time typing, or just don't know any better.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Banned

One of my husband's old coworkers posts on the company's website and facebook in all caps. Just kinda shows you how much the company cares about their image, which is why he doesn't work there anymore.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:46 PM
WAHM Fanatic

It irritates me and I always feel like I'm being yelled at. I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt that maybe they don't know better or something but it bugs me no less.

This Is The Kind Of Thing That Bugs Me Even More.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccook View Post

This Is The Kind Of Thing That Bugs Me Even More.
My pErsOnaL FaVoRiTe iS tHis kINd oF wHacKy tYpIng LIke tHiS.

ill be onesste dough i rily get eratated wen peeps hav know graps of teh engish langige an jus keep righting one liek these with now use of punktyouayshun or capitle leders and dey all ways right hugh bloks of tex . or the'y put randomg a postrofeys and , peereods and comas.i Thing if i was a english techer i wood make, my stuhdent's go to cragslit and free cycle and make th'em traslate the ads for home work neways i bout to go