Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Anyone write for Helpful.com?

Hey Everybody

I applied to write for Helpful.com, through their writer's sign-up site at independent-publishing.com. They say their pay is $0.02 a word, and the site seems to be pretty legit. Anyone on here write for this company? Any advice/thoughts appreciated.

Thanks people
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Awesome WAHM

Never heard of them, but it seems pretty cool. I may apply. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Super WAHM

I've never heard of them either so I submitted my application. Here's hoping they're a good site! I guess we'll find out together!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:32 AM
WAHM Regular

That's cool! good luck to you gals!

Let's hope it turns out to be in our favor (fingers crossed)
Old 05-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Super WAHM

I've never heard of this site either. I couldn't find where to apply at though. Can someone post a link?
Old 05-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Here's a link:

Independent Publishing - Become an author

I'm a little leery about supplying bank information to a site I've never heard of before. It would be good if they offered payment via PayPal or a similar service.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Registered WAHM

If you click on Terms, it looks like they are based in Germany?
It says:

Terms

Terms and conditions of
Beaufort Media GmbH
represented by Christoph Gaschler, Managing Director

Brandstwiete 1
20457 Hamburg

I thought about applying, but I am kind of unsure about this.

Edit--Just saw at the bottom of the terms that it is based in Germany.

Last edited by butterfly500; 05-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 AM
Super WAHM

They do pay via paypal. I got my acceptance email this morning but there are no tasks available on their site.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplayfui View Post
They do pay via paypal. I got my acceptance email this morning but there are no tasks available on their site.
They do? I wonder why that information is not on their Compensation page. Do they have PayPal listed as a payment option elsewhere?

Independent Publishing - Compensation

"Compensation...and Potential for More!

Compensation is 0.02 US dollars per word. A text containing 400 words would earn 8 dollars.
Get a bonus of up to 30% if you write consistently high-quality texts.
Payment is automatically deposited into your bank account every 14 days if your earned credit is above 10 dollars."
Old 05-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Awesome WAHM

And from their TOS:

9. Compensation and payment
The author shall receive payment for texts accepted by a client. Compensation shall be calculated on a per-word basis. The author shall have no right to compensation if the conditions outlined in Section 6 are found to be violated or if the text is definitively rejected by the client. As outlined in Section 7, the client rejection must be approved by Independent Publishing.

A project account shall be made available to the author upon successful registration with Independent Publishing. Credits for finished texts shall be issued to this account. Independent Publishing shall transfer payments on a biweekly basis. Bank transfers shall take place only for accounts with a minimum balance of $10. A withdrawal confirmation shall be simultaneously generated for the account and made available for download by the author.

The author's project account balance shall not bear interest.

Independent Publishing shall reserve the right to postpone payments. In such cases, the author shall be notified in advance via E-mail. Compensation shall be subject to income tax. The author shall be responsible for the proper payment of taxes on compensation. The same shall apply to any (compulsory) contributions to social insurance.

Payments shall be settled via credit entry. Where required by law, said payments shall include any tax which is legally applicable to Value Added Tax (VAT)-registered authors, as outlined in the VAT Act (Umsatzsteuergesetz - UstG). To this end, the author shall provide a VAT number or tax identification number issued by the corresponding tax office to Beaufort Media GmbH, as well as company name and legal form. Furthermore, the author shall expressly confirm status as a VAT-registered entrepreneur (as opposed to small business status, as outlined in $19 of the UStG). The author shall be required to communicate any changes to said status immediately and without solicitation.

Only those accounts which feature the aforementioned tax information shall be eligible for payment inclusive of VAT. Beaufort Media GmbH shall be under no obligation to correct credits which have already been issued.

Compensation shall not be required if an accepted text violates copyright law. In such cases, any compensation issued to the author shall be repaid.

--------

Again, no mention of PayPal. Seems to me they could miss out on some great writers by not mentioning PayPal along with the bank transfer option.