Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Awesome WAHM

Laurie, I never heard back from Contently either so he either filled his quota or not sure what happened there. I signed up for this one too. Since my main blog is about parenting and making money from home, this is just the perfect thing to fit into the type of articles and information I love to write about.

Thanks Kenny! Hope to hear something soon and get working even faster. It would be a great way to start the New Year off for sure.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 08:46 AM
bartolotoni

has anyone heard back from this company?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Awesome WAHM

I haven't heard back, either
Old 01-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Super WAHM

I'm under the impression that this isn't something where you're going to hear back, but rather receive an email with an offer (s). Since they didn't ask for anything more than an email address, I assume that everyone's accepted and they'll send offers out as they receive them. At least, that's the impression I'm getting. He did say a bulk of offers would be going out soon.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Awesome WAHM

[QUOTE=kdbbiz;2704136]Laurie, I never heard back from Contently either so he either filled his quota or not sure what happened there. I signed up for this one too. Since my main blog is about parenting and making money from home, this is just the perfect thing to fit into the type of articles and information I love to write about.

That sucks. You would think that if the quota had been met, they should send out a notice saying "We're sorry, but the positions are all filled up at the moment. We'll contact you when the spot is open. In the meantime, we'll keep your info for ________ months. Thank you for contacting us about the position."
I remember seeing like maybe up to 5 people on here claming that they got hired to write for Joe but who knows. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one that Joe didn't contact to give us more information of what's going on.
In the meantime, will keep searching for more writing work and such. Not planning to wait forever and yes. It's my weak point here. I believe that our time is valuable. Does that ring a bell for you when I mentioned something about another company that was hiring at the time and turned out she wasted all of the writers times of waiting and hopefully, she's not using their social security numbers to do anything illegal. I do feel bad for all of the writers that got screwed by her. She let me go because well, I was being honest and she didn't like that.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Awesome WAHM

well, from looking around their site, it seems like they're kinda new... are they just starting to develop the company? I received the "subscription verification," but that's the last I heard from them. the site says they send article requests 'several times a week.'
Old 01-06-2011, 12:04 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyahcf View Post
I'm under the impression that this isn't something where you're going to hear back, but rather receive an email with an offer (s). Since they didn't ask for anything more than an email address, I assume that everyone's accepted and they'll send offers out as they receive them. At least, that's the impression I'm getting. He did say a bulk of offers would be going out soon.
Yeah, that's the impression I get, too. I'm not expecting anything in the next few days anyway. That way I'll be pleasantly surprised if I do get a list of available jobs before next week.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Super WAHM

Nothing here either.

Also, on the Contently note, I LOVE IT however, you can hardly find enough topics. They are trying to put more out but I believe with those who are writing there, it seems to be a bit overwhelming for them to keep up. I assure you though, they have NOT forgotten about you!! Very nice company to work for!! I look forward to more titles and all of you joining!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:43 PM
WAHM Regular

This is what I got too. Hopefully we will see some soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatitosmommy View Post
well, from looking around their site, it seems like they're kinda new... are they just starting to develop the company? I received the "subscription verification," but that's the last I heard from them. the site says they send article requests 'several times a week.'
Old 01-06-2011, 01:33 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hate to hijack, but for everyone asking about contentedly -- I've written one article there -- it seems really nice. I'm sure everyone will hear back, but they seem to be going really slow -- remember, they said it was a beta test?

The guys have emailed a couple times asking for feedback. They seem very legitimate, but just really small now. It seems they want to make sure that there's enough work there for the writers they do accept.

Tags
article, job, jobs, writing