Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Update on NLC

After much consideration, we have decided to outsource our work to another content company that already has a team of writers in place. We have destroyed all private information that was faxed in -- feel free to monitor your credit report if you would like. All information was shredded and properly disposed of this morning.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Super WAHM

I did not apply (thankfully) but I have been watching all this activity silently.

I must say this company's actions have been reprehenisible, unprofessional, and manipulative.

Sorry for my WAHM sisters who were given the run-around and who sent in very personal information on good faith.

I am not suprised at this outcome, given the history of this company; however, the disregard shown by this reptilian move is still unsettling.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:27 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Thanks Syn R

I have a feeling that like all the other things that happened, this might not be the "real" story either. It'll be interesting if anyone notices that they're still recruiting on other sites.

Then again, if the promises they made to clients weren't delivered any better than the promises made here, they may have lost the work instead of outsourcing it.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Awesome WAHM

This is probably for the best all the way around. Those of us who applied to NLC will no longer feel the compulsion to put up with the type of nonsense that has gone on the last few months, and NLC can simply farm out their needs to someone who (hopefully) knows how to manage a business in a professional manner, without the need to trouble themselves to learn how to act like professionals themselves. A win-win solution for everyone in my opinion.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
Why not email the candidates directly with this update?
That would be too much like right, Saoirse - why begin to do that sort of thing now? May as well be consistent.

Sherry, you may be onto something that there is more to this than they are saying. But at this point, does it really matter? For all practical intents and purposes, NLC is out of our collective hair and we can focus attention on clients who are more worthy of our time and commitment.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:40 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgywriter View Post
That would be too much like right, Saoirse - why begin to do that sort of thing now? May as well be consistent.

Sherry, you may be onto something that there is more to this than they are saying. But at this point, does it really matter? For all practical intents and purposes, NLC is out of our collective hair and we can focus attention on clients who are more worthy of our time and commitment.
You're definitely right -- it doesn't matter at all.

I feel bad for the writer's here who felt like it was a step up for them.
For me, it was going to be filler work at best anyway -- especially when the rates continued to drop and the details changed.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryy View Post
You're definitely right -- it doesn't matter at all.

I feel bad for the writer's here who felt like it was a step up for them.
For me, it was going to be filler work at best anyway -- especially when the rates continued to drop and the details changed.
I hear ya. Initially, I was excited at the prospect of having a new egg in my basket. It never hurts to have another option or two. But this entire farce hasn't hurt me financially or harmed my relationships with my other customers, so no real damage done to me, other than wasting my time.

For some, NLC represented a chance to establish a basket, not add to one. It is those who were depending so greatly on NLC to step up to the plate and deliver on their promises that have my deepest sympathies.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:56 PM
WAHM Regular

I can't say that I'm surprised either with this response. It seems like it was the easiest thing for them to do instead of answer all of our concerns and questions with a professional and understanding answer. I personally think that they will outsource to other people because how will they make much money by sending it "to a company that already has a team of writers in place" - that company is just going to up the price for them to pay for their writers and make a profit. Common sense would be find your own writers and cut out the middle man - especially if you've got orders coming in.

There have been many people post jobs on this forum and then get ticked off when someone jumps the gun and says the word "scam" and, as a result, they dismiss writers from here. In most of those cases, I feel that people were wrong to assume that there was something fishy going on and scare away potential jobs for others. However, in this case, I feel that NLC has been in the wrong here. All of our questions and concerns were completely justified as this has been going on for about 5 months now. And, instead of taking the time to answer us on this forum or in a mass email, they decide to "outsource"...."after much consideration."

I do hope that Next Level Content actually does hire writers and treats them right, but they have done a lot of damage to their company's (if you call them that) image here. And, they should take into consideration that most of the women on this forum are members of other forums - in the world of internet writing, it is a pretty small world and news travels fast. After the way they have communicated (or lack thereof) and their unprofessional attitude to the writers that they did hire, they may find it hard to actually find good dependable writers who will provide them with the high-quality content they want. Just my opinion though - I could be completely wrong. Oh well - at least we can all move on now.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Super WAHM

Wow.

I hope you're still reading this, "NLC"

After stringing us along for months, to make this announcement with no explanation whatsoever shows very little (as in zero) courtesy toward those who had been promised and were counting on work.

I essentially gave up when you changed the pay rate after letting us believe for months that we would be paid at .04/word. But others have been hanging on every NLC thread, eagerly filling out their paperwork, and continuing to think the best of you despite all appearances to the contrary. There are people here who desperately need the work.

Simply put, it's not nice to play with people like this. I learned that much in kindergarten.

I cannot say that at this point I am surprised in the least, but, as another poster said, one can only hope you're treating your new batch of writers with more respect. You can only wipe the slate clean and start fresh so many times before people become wise to your actions.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Not a good move to tick off 100 writers, lol. I can't believe they went to all the work of nearly hiring 100 writers only to scrap it and use another company instead. It's either not the whole story, or they really hired people without thinking it through first, which is just unprofessional. Either way, not a company I would want to work for. It's too bad they have led us on for so long, though.