Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Awesome WAHM

Shame I had hopes that this client would have showed an ounce of professionalism but I guess not. They will not last long with writers if they keep this up.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Super WAHM

Wow this would have been the last thing I expect of NLC. Very unprofessional and kind of sneaky too.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Super WAHM

Wow not a professional way of handling things at all. I'm afraid your company named will now be blacklisted because of this, not a great way to start a business.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:05 PM
WAHM Regular

I grew suspicious when the physical address that is in the packet is a small office building and there was no previous addresses there. I called a business there to ask if there was anything like that and they said no. Now they could have lied to me but I don't believe they had any reason to.

The fax number is also a Seattle fax number with a physical address in Michigan. The fax number when researched was a home number... stuff just didn't add up.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:12 PM
WAHM Regular

This has been happening more and more lately. Content companies were all the rage for a while, but now the competition is so fierce and rates have dropped so low, they aren't making what they thought they could.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renowriter View Post
This has been happening more and more lately. Content companies were all the rage for a while, but now the competition is so fierce and rates have dropped so low, they aren't making what they thought they could.
Understood. It's a competitive world out there. But the real issue is how NLC handled the situation, not the mere fact that the opportunity disappeared.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:18 PM
WAHM Regular

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1976 View Post
It's ridiculous that the writers who applied with NLC are likely being "punished" for daring to ask why this whole process has taken five months and been subject to multiple delays. The OP doesn't even say "We're sorry for any inconvenience we've caused." It basically states "Hey, we're outsourcing, too bad."

Hope they enjoy correcting all of the typos from writers who are working for $1 per 500 words or some comparably bottom-of-the-barrel rate.
I also thought that maybe they were upset at comments on this forum. They were all well-founded concerns. I would have hoped that a "company" would not be so immature. This forum has many writers that have been following this saga. We all watch out for each other.

Has anyone that was accepted to write for them received an e-mail from them? They can't even be bothered to send them to let us know this info individually. We all find out on this forum.

NLC-What goes around, comes around.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:33 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm pretty sure no one got an email from them, though I wonder if those who said they were willing to accept $.01 per word did...I'm guessing they truly are going to outsource, though, in which case they'd better have several editors ready to get to work, lol.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

yes, well i guess it is better this way. Although many of us may be disappointed, we would be even more ticked off if we had invested time into writing for the company only to not get paid or wait even longer for that.

It has taught us all a good lesson and most of us have not been put out too much I don't think. We all managed to move along, find new sources of work and stay busy. It would have been nice for some Christmas money but ahhh well.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernansmom View Post
I'm pretty sure no one got an email from them, though I wonder if those who said they were willing to accept $.01 per word did...I'm guessing they truly are going to outsource, though, in which case they'd better have several editors ready to get to work, lol.
Nope, not even those people did.