Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks guys I read your responses and felt better; I received it today.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Super WAHM

Default I need to vent for a moment

Because of the inconsistency in editing, I've gotten to the point where I dread looking at my score when I see that one of my Remilon articles has just been edited and scored. I'm usually pleased, but it is the occasional article with an unjustifiably low score that has caused me to feel this way.

...like the latest one! A CE just scored something as a critical error and deducted 2 whole points from my score. Upset, I read his reasons, then referred to the guideline - and I followed it exactly! There was no error at all, so that low score was wrong. I've sent him a comment, citing the guideline that was followed correctly, and I'll fight it higher up the chain if he doesn't fix it, but in the meantime, I'm very upset - again - by a CE who didn't follow the same rules I must follow.

When I find something that pays better, I will be so happy to leave, but in the meantime, this is all I have.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Unhappy

I totally agree, Lumara. I pretty much hold my breath and close one eye as I'm checking any new scores. Oftentimes I feel a sense of relief, but lately it has been disappointment and frustration. Now that I've been at this awhile I have developed a well-oiled machine, so to speak, as far as each article goes yet sometimes I get docked for things I have never, ever been marked down for in the past.

The inconsistency between the editors makes it virtually impossible to know how you are going to be scored.

I've also noticed in the last couple of weeks I've hardly had any articles reviewed. I have probably 8 or so that I've submitted and while I check every day, none of them have been checked out. I finally did get one reviewed a few days ago, I guess, and it was by a new editor (or at least new to me) and my score was less than satisfying. Hair pulling!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm glad to hear that someone else does funny things like looking with one eye. Sometimes, especially for stuff scored by a couple of particular editors, I do horror movie eyes, that is, covering my eyes then slowly peeking between a couple of fingers like I do at a scary or gory movie...
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM
WAHM Regular

Did anyone notice we can't charge for training anymore, like when they switch us to a new guideline? I just got moved from a side project to a very huge complex guideline and they expect us to "absorb" the time learning the guideline into our first article?! I've already used up my time learning the guideline and noting my sources.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Registered WAHM

I noticed there is now a 'System Orientation' section in place of 'Training'. I would think you could enter your time spent learning a new guideline, etc there??

Has anyone else noticed that several editors are now highlighted in green? I am assuming that means they no longer work there. I am so frustrated! There is one new editor (or new to me) that keeps checking my articles out and is ridiculously nit-picky. She is giving me the worst scores and marking me down for things I have never been marked down for before. I think she has it out for me.....

Several of the editors who are now highlighted in green were awesome. Super encouraging and fair. I can't help but think they've been booted in place of more strict editors like the one I keep dealing with. I really hope this isn't a trend! And I hope she doesn't keep checking my articles out.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:39 PM
WAHM Regular

Have any of you ever provided feedback surveys with your complaints?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Super WAHM

I got an email my application was accepted and I can do the two test assignments. $8 an hour seems pretty low. Even my lowest paying jobs amount to $10 an hour, but it seems like steady work, so I thought I would try it, but from the sound of things I am starting to think it is not worth it.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes, you can use "System Orientation" for training time. There was an email about it, but I was confused at first, too. I think the people who aren't there are in red--I don't know what the green means, but I know at least some of them are still there...
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you

I didn't get the email, maybe because I've been on a special project since the summer and I just started writing again.