Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to blakesmommy21
Exclamation Life123 is no longer...?

I contributed 1 article to Life123 a few weeks ago just to see how it would go, but now writers can't even log in to the site. Has anybody else contributed there? There's a forum over at S101 about it and apparently some writers were notified that it was being shut down? The site is still up and running...but it isn't currently possible to log in.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:49 PM
wguest

I noticed that too. They never bothered to send me any kind of notification so I have no idea what's going on. Whatever happened it seems to have been very sudden. I hope it will return but if not, there are a lot of other fish left in the sea.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Awesome WAHM

I submitted one piece back on the 11th of this month, just to see how it would do. Last time I checked, I had accumulated the fifty unique hits needed to earn $5.00, and was planning on seeing how long it took them to pay before writing any more.

I never received any notification that the site was shutting down either; it seems as if the login page is just gone - I get a message that I don't have permission to access the page from this (my) server.

Now, I wonder if those of us who are owed money will get paid? If not, I would love to know, so I can post my work elsewhere.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Life123 No More

Dear All:

Ordinarily I would not post (corporate lurkers being generally unwelcome) but I thought it only necessary and respectful to do so. The Life123.com Writers Community has been closed.

Though Life123.com will continue to exist as a Web site, it will no longer accept any new content.

The parent company has decided to make good on all articles published during the program's operation. You can read the very brief but official message at the redirect page here: http://writers.life123.com/

Robert
Old 01-31-2010, 07:51 AM
Super WAHM

Bummer. That was one of my favorite places to write. At least they are making good on the $20 payout.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:36 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@ View Post
Dear All:

Ordinarily I would not post (corporate lurkers being generally unwelcome) but I thought it only necessary and respectful to do so. The Life123.com Writers Community has been closed.

Though Life123.com will continue to exist as a Web site, it will no longer accept any new content.

The parent company has decided to make good on all articles published during the program's operation. You can read the very brief but official message at the redirect page here: http://writers.life123.com/

Robert
To be honest, I'm not surprised this is happening to everyone. Before Life123.com launched, I was one of their regular writers, I wrote close to 200 articles for them for about a year. During that time I even inquired to Robert on behalf of a number of people here and he recommended that they all contact him but no one ever heard back from him after applying. Without any notice I stopped receiving assignments, when I emailed asking when I would receive new ones and to make my availability known, my emails to Robert and my editor were gone totally unanswered. Not long after that, they announced their new model (page views) but I never received the information about page views either.

Just one more reason, I'm concentrating more on writing for myself rather than other people. I love working with private clients but private clients come and go. I'm actually my own best client.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Super WAHM

Oh wow.

I do hope we get paid. I had just started with them. Did 1 article.

Kind of unprofessional how they handled the shut down imo.

M
Old 01-31-2010, 07:44 PM
wguest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterM View Post
Oh wow.

I do hope we get paid. I had just started with them. Did 1 article.

Kind of unprofessional how they handled the shut down imo.

M
I agree, VERY unprofessional. You shouldn't have to find out via a message board that a site you write for has shut down.

That said I feel badly for the employees who lost their jobs. It seems they just had the door slammed on them, no notice or anything.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Super WAHM

agreed. i know times are tough, but that was abrupt. I, too, wrote one article, but I'll be surprised to recoup anything from that...
Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I signed up with them but didn't have a chance to contribute anything yet. Oh well.

Tags
life123