Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Super WAHM

Seed seems like a writing contest-- whoever has the best article wins the money. That might be okay for some, but after my first article was not accepted and that no-feedback email, I'll look elsewhere. I hope things turn out well for those who stick with it. It is beta, so it might get better with time.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Super WAHM

I guess I'm just not seeing where they discuss specific compensation. I see you all excited about the potential for income, but all I saw was 50% to the writers, nothing else. What am I missing?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Super WAHM

Well I sent in a test article just to see and was surprised to be paid $30 for an article.

So I snagged a few more and we'll see what happens. It concerns me to see so many people having issues with them and I do not like the idea of having to split earnings at all-- I hope that is a bad rumor!

ETA:They definitely need more concrete submission guidelines and a style guide. I had to guess on a lot of stuff when sending in my article.

M
Old 01-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to christent04

I signed up. I am going to give it a shot. I guess if the article doesn't take long, it won't hurt to try :-)
Old 01-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Del S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshannigan View Post
I guess I'm just not seeing where they discuss specific compensation. I see you all excited about the potential for income, but all I saw was 50% to the writers, nothing else. What am I missing?
Have you registered for an account yet? When you sign in and look for assignments, there should be a list; you can search by specific category if you want. Under each title available is a price and the number of days (or hours) left to write it.

I signed on and have turned in one article. I don't want to do any more until I see how this works out.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:57 PM
WAHM Addict

I still haven't heard anything about my second article, which was due and was supposed to have been reviewed yesterday.

It looks to me like they aren't running a site where they are serious about buying content. Or at least they aren't serious about treating their writers fairly.

Movin on.....

Blinky
Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del S View Post
Have you registered for an account yet? When you sign in and look for assignments, there should be a list; you can search by specific category if you want. Under each title available is a price and the number of days (or hours) left to write it.

I signed on and have turned in one article. I don't want to do any more until I see how this works out.
OK, I hadn't registered, I was looking at the FAQ and their pitch page, they weren't pitching enough to convince me

OK- I will register & delve deeper into the requirements

thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Registered WAHM

This seemed like a really great opportunity. I have been following this thread and rather subscribe to hearsay, I went straight to the source and contacted someone at SEED.

This is what she had to say:

As a writer myself, I understand your concerns and those expressed on the WAHM forum.

We are only about six weeks out of the gate (still in beta mode), so we're still working through a list of enhanced features and functionality that will vastly improve the user experience in coming weeks and months. We are also in the process of fine-tuning our review processes with our editorial teams. So, please bear with us; it will be worth it!

Future enhancements include the ability to have more direct communication with editors -- both for them to offer a bit of editorial guidance on a submitted piece (reducing chances for rejection), and for you to pitch them article ideas and ask for clarification on assignments. This should help alleviate some of your concerns about investing a lot of time and effort into something that may not be approved.

So, to get to your specific question -- yes, if your due date is, say, Thursday, January 14, our editors have through Wednesday, January 20 (that's five business days from 1/14) to review your content and alert you via email.

I hope my comments offer you some insight. If you still have additional questions, feel free to reach me again here at contact@seed.com.

Thanks so much, Nicole.

Kristi Anderson
SEED Community Manager

With that said, I will push forward but strive to have TOP QUALITY work. You get what you pay for. You can't send the same type of quality work that you do for DS for $15 if you select a $105 article from them. Understand?

Anyway, I hope this helps. Keep us all posted on what happens for those like me who decide to push forward!

Be Blessed!

Nicole
Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Super WAHM

Default Re

I only chose topics that pay $100+ (for 400 words) so I know I have to submit top quality work. My concern wasn't about when I would get a reply because I know it takes time to review articles. My problem with Seed.com is that it seems I would have to compete with other writers for the same title. I don't want to spend time writing a great article while knowing that if my article is approved there is a possibility that I will have to share the payment. I wrote to Seed.com about this issue. If I receive an answer that makes writing for Seed.com a worthwhile endeavor, I will start writing the articles.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Bee View Post

So, to get to your specific question -- yes, if your due date is, say, Thursday, January 14, our editors have through Wednesday, January 20 (that's five business days from 1/14) to review your content and alert you via email.
The articles that are over $10 that I submitted were all due the day I submitted them. They were submitted 17 days ago, so they should have been reviewed 12 days ago. Still haven't heard anything. The $10 articles written the same day have been approved and published.

Hmmmmm....