Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

View Poll Results: What do you think?
I will never get paid for the article she accepted. 4 18.18%
The client is always right just suck it up and move on. Forget about it. 3 13.64%
She was very unprofessional, and I'm lucky I got out when I did. Forget about it. 20 90.91%
Hey that's what People's Court is for! 1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Super WAHM

Tough call... I don't know what I'd do. It stinks to end up dealing with unscrupulous people.
Isn't there a blog somewhere with "watch out for these people" listings? Submit this person to that blog, and make sure everyone here on WAHM knows to check that list prior to signing up with anyone. If there isn't a list somewhere, there should be! lol!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Super WAHM

I've worked with your ex-client. She's crazier than a loon, and I don't have time to argue back and forth with her via forums and email - she sent me tons of emails after she fired me the same day she fired you - because my articles were two hours late. Because I was up all night with a sick kid.

Personally, I think you should share the information you have - it's not like you're interested in mending the relationship at this point, you've already explained the situation and had multiple people side with you, and I'm another example that proves how she treats her writers. If you don't, she'll continue to recruit more writers from this forum and more clients from the Warrior Forum, marking up the rates and screwing over the writers she claims to treat so well every time she she has a mood swing.

Just my .02
Old 01-23-2010, 05:17 PM
wguest

I agree with slvsquared. Please consider sharing this client's info with us. I've gotten work from this forum and so far everyone has been wonderful but I really would like to avoid getting mixed up with your ex-client!
I don't have time for drama.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM
WAHM Addict

Smile

I have to agree with BerryWriter. Time is too short and we work too hard to wind up being abused and not paid for the work we've done.

Any chance you might let us know who it is so we can avoid her? Maybe at least if a few of us know, we can help warn others if she posts here again.

Blinky :-)
Old 01-23-2010, 11:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Okay, I'm willing to share via PM.

Slvsquared, I checked out the Warrior Forums and was sickened. I almost posted a link to her post there...hmmm I wonder if I can do that. Ugh. I thought maybe she had crawled under a rock somewhere... wishful thinking.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Registered WAHM

This person sounds exactly like an ex-client I worked with last year. A family member and I both had the same experiences you speak of about the emails and so forth. If it is the same person, she breaks every rule in the book to find writers and then scams them. Even her hiring practices for me were unethical. At the time I didn't realize it was illegal to contact me the way she did but after being "fired" for pretty much the same thing as you, I went back and checked into some things. Yes, I feel she should be exposed also.
There should be a "Watch" list that allows people to post unethical clients or problematic companies. We here in the states have consumer watches and the Better Business Bureau to report to when problems arise. However, where she is located, these mean nothing to her. With the internet closing the gap across the oceans, there needs to be a means of protecting ourselves from clients like her.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Awesome WAHM

Shan- Did you see her thread on the Warrior Forum? There is a client wondering where his order from Nov. is. Is that the project you worked on or another? I believe that the articles she is referring to are the ones I worked on.(at Christmas)
Old 01-24-2010, 11:50 AM
WAHM Addict

Smile

Maybe you could bypass her and sell your articles to the client anyway, then you'd get paid, plus the extra she would get! I know it's not supposed to be done that way, but hey, what's wrong with scamming the scammer?

Blinky ;-)
Old 01-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Super WAHM

Here's our winner

http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahms-who-...-critique.html

Content: QUALIFIED GOOGLE SEO WEB-CONTENT WRITER
Old 01-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Super WAHM

Wow! If you got burned by the person in the above links, I'm really shocked. She recruited for her new company on here and I follow her on Twitter and Facebook. I don't write for her, but added her when we did one big "let's all follow each other" post last year. I noticed she doesn't post here as much, but considering how busy her company keeps her, I assumed that was the reason.

Also, one of the above posts states something about her not being in the states. But I believe she is in the US. I feel sad if she really is screwing people over from this board. I remember when she used to post a lot on here back in the day. Maybe she will read this and defend her self *fingers crossed*