Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Super WAHM

Have been searching this forum and several other forums in regards to the best course of action I should take regarding DS vs. WRG

Maybe someone with experience with these companies would be willing to answer some of my questions please? ( confidential PM is fine )

1. In our opinion, is DS or WRG better to work for and why/why not?

2. Is the work coming in steady? Is payment correct & on time?

3. Does WRG allow you to choose the topics you want to write about from a list of requested titles like DS does? Or does WRG assign specific topics?

4. If I just got accepted with DS, but haven't written any articles for them yet, can I accept an offer to write with WRG and just quit DS before I start writing for WRG? I understand they have some of the same clients and I certainly would not want to violate their non-compete agreements.

Honestly, this may sound odd, but the reason I haven't written for DS yet is that upon review of their topics, I was not thrilled withmost of them.Andyes I know I don't have to pick those topics to write about, but it's just thefact that they are therethat turned me off. But please be assured, DS is probably a wonderful company to work for, lots of great writers and people there. That's what I hear all the time.

Any insight or advice you can share will be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Edited - grammar ( of course I'm a writer )Edited by: scarletteohtara
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
WAHM Regular

I don't know either but I'd like to know. I haven't heard much about WRG lately on this forum. On the other hand, I hear a lot about DS.

Is WRG hiring right now?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have worked for both DS and WRG and personally much prefer DS. DS paid $15 for the same articles WRG paid at $10. DS also has some $30 articles if you get that gig.

DS is a excellent company with a bright future. New titles come in all the time, and you can also suggest topics.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Super WAHM

My preference is for WRG. I had completed two assignments with DS before signing the non-compete. Although DS paid a little more for the articles, I like the opportunities that have come through over at WRG. I can't say too much, but I feel like I've been able to expand into other areas that I wouldn't have had I chosen DS over WRG.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:18 PM
WAHM Fanatic

DS and WRG no longer work on the same project. The articles at WRG are for a different site and now pay $15/article. There is a new style of assignments coming up that I think are going to be good. But the topics can admittedly be a bit boring.

I have only worked for WRG, so I can't give a full comparison. But one positive for WRG is that once you're trained, you can write as many articles as you want. I've seen some people complain that at DS, they have to wait until an editor approves the article. That's true for the training at WRG, but after that you're free to write as much as you want.

Love,
Shannon

Old 10-02-2008, 08:40 AM
WAHM Regular

What is WRG? Been out of the game for awhile.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletteohtara
Have been searching this forum and several other forums in regards to the best course of action I should take regarding DS vs. WRG

Maybe someone with experience with these companies would be willing to answer some of my questions please? ( confidential PM is fine )

1. In our opinion, is DS or WRG better to work for and why/why not?

2. Is the work coming in steady? Is payment correct & on time?

3. Does WRG allow you to choose the topics you want to write about from a list of requested titles like DS does? Or does WRG assign specific topics?

4. If I just got accepted with DS, but haven't written any articles for them yet, can I accept an offer to write with WRG and just quit DS before I start writing for WRG? I understand they have some of the same clients and I certainly would not want to violate their non-compete agreements.

Honestly, this may sound odd, but the reason I haven't written for DS yet is that upon review of their topics, I was not thrilled withmost of them.Andyes I know I don't have to pick those topics to write about, but it's just thefact that they are therethat turned me off. But please be assured, DS is probably a wonderful company to work for, lots of great writers and people there. That's what I hear all the time.

Any insight or advice you can share will be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Edited - grammar ( of course I'm a writer )
DS pays better and does not require you to sign a non-compete clause.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Super WAHM

The non-compete clause is a big deal for me. If I would have written for WRG, I wouldn't have been able to write for Ehow on my own. I would HATE that!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matlee123
What is WRG? Been out of the game for awhile.
It's Writers Research Group.

http://www.writersresearchgroup.com/

Love,
Shannon

Old 10-15-2008, 09:25 PM
WAHM Regular

I've been writing for DS for a few weeks now, as well as textbroker (who doesn't nearly pay as well). I wanted to try WRG too, but won't because of the non-compete clause.