Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi. Please don't blast me for being impatient. I am still figuring out how this all works. I know I haven't been on eHow long.

I am getting a lot of views on eHow. Not thousands, but I'm closing in on 100 a day. Still, even though people are viewing daily I am often not making any earnings.

I have 11 articles. I am having issues with pictures on eHow, so only one has an image. I have added other images (including an avatar), but they don't show up. I have written eHow about this multiple times, but still have not heard back. Members of the eHow forum have told me it is just a glitch as eHow transforms itself.

I know people need to click on ads for me to make money. I am still in the process of refining key words for ad display. Not sure what else I can do.

I recently joined Digg. I have been posting articles in Yahoo Answers. I am gaining friends.

I keep submitting articles... some of quick, some detailed. Some are general audience, some are specific. I'll keep adding every day.

Just wondering if I am missing an opportunity or something.

Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have tons of advice and will get back to you -- I am super busy at the moment but hang in there, ok? It's totally worth it.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:59 AM
WAHM Regular

Writergig~

Thanks so much. I understand being busy. I only have time to post now because it's toddler naptime.

I look forward to reading your suggestions.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Super WAHM

You are probably not doing anything really wrong. It can take some time to really get going on ehow. I only have time to get maybe 2 a month put on there and just started to really see any money. It all comes down to what you are writing about and what people want to read. My best article is really odd to me, but it makes decent money and that's what I go with.

I need to kick my own butt and get some more articles on there so that I can make some money myself!

Write about what you really enjoy and the money will follow.

STG
Old 06-06-2008, 09:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Blogger Girl~

I don't mean to be rude or intrusive, but what do you consider decent money? I don't know what people are earning or what I should expect.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Super WAHM

Well from ehow I get around $20 for the one article a month, but I'm not doing anything with it. It just sits there and earns the money. The rest are up to $5 a month, but this is with me doing nothing with them. I think that's pretty decent since another place I started at around the same time is not even 50 cents worth of income.

It's up to you on what you think is a good income. If you are looking to make a full time income with it, it will probably take you a long time to do.

STG
Old 06-06-2008, 09:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Dear I Write,

I started ehow in January with 1 article and made zero money in January. I now only have 7 articles and I am up to expecting about $25 for June. I have gathered some info about how to increase your earnings. The link for this info is in my signature below. I was curious about the pictures you are using. Are you using jpeg? Are they pictures saved on your computer or saved on the internet? If you want to make some real money with eHow you need to set some high goals like more than 1 article per day. You could even pretend it was a full time job and write articles for 8 hours a day until you are making the desired amount of income.Edited by: akchrist
Old 06-07-2008, 04:41 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the link, AKChrist

I don't have eight hours a day, but I certainly can work on it throughout the day.

I've had 200 views in the last two days... this has earned me one penny.

I know there is a lot of potential here... I wish I could figure out how to get it working for me.

Congrats on your earnings!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Awesome WAHM

We just received payment for May residuals. Mine was over $400 and it's my goal to keep increasing that.

Be careful to double-check your topic and title to make sure it's not a duplicate on eHow before you write. Similar titles don't do as well, and aren't indexed as well it seems.

Also, choose profitable categories. Recipes just don't perform as well as those in the Careers section, for example.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:00 PM
WAHM Addict

Are you still having a hard time with pictures? I am not sure if you were having the same problem that I was a few weeks ago, but my pictures wouldnít load, expect for the one on the first page. The pictures that were supposed to go with the steps didnít take. I kept on getting an error page. I went back (after publishing the article without the pictures) and found that I could add two pictures at a time without getting another error page.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />
Unfortunately, I havenít updated some of my articles with the pictures yet. Lol, I should do that tonight.