Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

View Poll Results: Which cover do you like best?
Cover #1 4 40.00%
Cover #2 1 10.00%
Cover #3 1 10.00%
Cover #4 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2008, 05:30 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi everyone:

We are finalizing the book. I have four cover designs I'm looking at. I'd REALLY appreciate your input on them, critique of them, anything you'd like to tell me, love or hate. Design, colors, photos, everything.

(I do know about the two typos on "curriculum" and "place"--will fix in the next iteration.)

I'd particularly like to know what your FAVORITE is and what your LEAST favorite is. Please look at them ALL if you are going to give a preference!

Any help GREATLY appreciated,

Alison

Cover #1
Cover #2
Cover #3
Cover #4
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Writely Applied

Probably in order of favorites

3- clever
4 - fun
Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Awesome WAHM

I liked number one the first time I saw it, but then I thought, "I'd better wait until they've all downloaded before making a decision." After they all did, I clicked through them all, and yup, I still love the first one.

At least I'm consistent, eh? [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Havs
Old 04-22-2008, 02:54 AM
WAHM Addict

Hi Alison

You know I live on the other side of the world from you in a totally different society and culture, and I'm not even a parent, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.

I think it must be better, more instinctively appealing marketing, in this context, to show people than just books. And I think it's better to show an adult and a child, so I like number 2 best for that reason.

(I even have a slight reservation about showing "just books" - possibly missing the chance to convey the impression that education is so much more than "just books"? But I do understand that with only one picture, you necessarily have to be highly selective, and I can see that if you're choosing one thing to show to represent the "education", it needs to be a book).

That said, I prefer the colour-scheme of number 4 (personal preference only, no reason for it) and would have been interested to see that one, with a very similar picture to that one but with the person in the middle being an adult rather than a child. Not helpful, and not really what you asked, I know - sorry.

You have a great title and can't miss.

Don't take this last comment the wrong way, please, and bear in mind that as so often I obviously don't know the first thing about it at all, but I confess that I'm interested (even knowing you are the BookWise whiz!) that you're publishing it this way rather than taking it to a highly established publisher (or even Covey's publisher) where it would doubtless be highly successful (and less work for you?), and surely get more exposure?
Old 04-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Super WAHM

I liked them all but here they are in order of preference: 4, 1, 3, 2

Old 04-22-2008, 06:46 AM
Super WAHM

I agree with Yulia. I think it would be great to show something more than just book learning. One of the best things about homeschooling is the hands on activities that really help children learn and grasp a better understanding of the world around them.

All your covers look nice and are what you typically see. The first two struck me right away as what I expect to see in a bookstore.

I think my ideal cover would have maybe some books in the background or to the side and the family actively engaged in a hands on learning activity.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:31 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I can't post right now, but thank you and please keep voting. I need as much input as I can get!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:28 AM
WAHM Addict

I like #2. I do like the image of people rather than books, as someone else said. It's a cute image!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Super WAHM

In the order I like them:

Old 04-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Awesome WAHM

Two is my favorite. Four is my least favorite.

Franchesca