Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:11 PM
WAHM Regular

My favorite and choice hosting service is Namecheap, Great service and value and the 24/7 support service is impressive. They have helped me out whenever I needed advice or changes to my websites.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2017, 08:30 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmccue414 View Post
I am having a hard time figuring out which service to use. I am a complete novice at this point. I don't want to spend too much since I am picking this up as a newbie but it generally seems that they are affordable. Hostgator seems to be the preferred one but if I am understanding it, it appears that some people get a discount by recommending it so I worry about the reliability of the reviews out there. Any feedback on that?
You can always read a wide range of reviews from various sites to get an average consensus opinion about a particular hosting service. Hope that helps you
Old 06-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmccue414 View Post
I am having a hard time figuring out which service to use. I am a complete novice at this point. I don't want to spend too much since I am picking this up as a newbie but it generally seems that they are affordable. Hostgator seems to be the preferred one but if I am understanding it, it appears that some people get a discount by recommending it so I worry about the reliability of the reviews out there. Any feedback on that?
HostGator is great. They were my first web hosting provider when I was a newbie. They have a very attractive affiliate program which is why there is little unbiased info on them, but I can vouch for them.

There are certainly others that are on par with their level of service like BlueHost, but in the end it doesn't matter too much. Shared webhosting works mostly the same regardless of your provider. Pick one of the top 5 most established providers you can find and do it!
Old 06-27-2017, 07:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Depending on what you're looking to do (e.g. blogging, ecommerce etc) I would suggest using the free services around to test and learn (e.g. Wix, Weebly, Wordpress.org, even Facebook). Once you've got a working model or prototype and you really want to self-host, then pick the cheaper ones (and pay monthly so you can switch or cancel if it's not working out) like hostgator, bluehost or site5. I still keep an account with them to do my testing and experiments
Old 08-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Awesome WAHM

Siteground is a great place to start for a beginning blogger. I know that many recommend BlueHost, but I have heard nothing about nightmare stories about them!

I currently use FastComet, another great web host in my opinion. I haven't had any downtime and they respond quickly to my support tickets. They also helped me move over 10+ blogs when I left A Small Orange to come to them.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:39 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Hosting

I think one of the most important metrics as a newbie is good customer support. The ones listed above like hostgator, bluhost should all be solid choices. at some point you need to just dive in! And don't be too worried about mistakes because they're bound to happen
Old 10-27-2017, 08:16 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarieGreen View Post
Greetings! I'm interested in starting a web site. There are so many web hosting sites to choose from that I don't know where to begin! I'm great at figuring out my options but have a hard time deciding. My fear is that I will find myself stuck, having invested time, energy and advertising into a place that is not a good fit. I'm not looking for anything fancy. I want a web site to host my blogging, photos, short videos, lists & affiliate links. In the past I used 1 & 1. I'd like something else. I don't want a free site. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lisa Marie
BlueHost is a reliable hosting service. It also provides one domain name for free of cost.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrimee View Post
BlueHost is a reliable hosting service. It also provides one domain name for free of cost.
The free domain is great, but I believe it is free for one year and renews at the normal price. However, nothing to complain in terms of value offered, the hosting costs are reasonable too. Going for the 36 month hosting gives you the best value.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:10 PM
Registered WAHM

I've used Host Gator for many years and have never had a problem with them.

I also recently purchased hosting at Dream Host for another blog I just recently started. Their customer support chat has been fantastic and everything is going well so far.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockphoto View Post
Depending on what you're looking to do (e.g. blogging, ecommerce etc) I would suggest using the free services around to test and learn (e.g. Wix, Weebly, Wordpress.org, even Facebook). Once you've got a working model or prototype and you really want to self-host, then pick the cheaper ones (and pay monthly so you can switch or cancel if it's not working out) like hostgator, bluehost or site5. I still keep an account with them to do my testing and experiments
I use Wix right now for two of my personal websites, one of which I will slowly convert to a public blog I hope to generate some cash from. I enjoy it and haven't had any issues that I know of using it. I tried using Word press last night and spent about two hours trying to figure it out and I didn't like it. Maybe it's because it was the free account and not a paid account but it seemed to complicated for me.

That being said I'm sure at some point I'll be fishing around at other options. There are some limitations in Wix that I didn't expect. For example I wanted to add a calculator to my webpage to calculate the probability of an outcome when using two common factors and Wix doesn't support that kind of code. It's not a BIG deal, but it kinda put a dent in what I was trying to accomplish with my personal site.

Anyway I like it. But I will probably be doing more research on this topic as building websites is something I enjoy doing.

Tags
web site hosting affiliat