Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:39 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Is Hubpages a good place to Blog?

Does anyone blog at Hubpages? Is it a good place to blog? How long does it take to start making money at it?

Thanks,
Andrea
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2016, 07:45 PM
Grand WAHM

I think Hubpages used to be better back in the day, before the Google updates (Panda, Penguin, etc.). Before this, it was a lot easier to rank higher and get more traffic to your posts/articles and make money at it. It's still not a bad site, just tougher to make money with it than it used to be.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

I would second Dana's view. I continue to earn from my articles there and it's good residual income, but earnings have certainly dropped from the peak of 4-5 years back. That, however, has happened with all similar sites. Of late, they have been doing some interesting things such as launching niche sites. It may well pay off in the long run, so I continue to stay on and write.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thanks, Is there a better place that you know of?

Hello,
Thanks so much for replying. Is there a better place that you know of to blog and make money? Anything that you could share with me would be greatly appreciated as I am desperate to make some extra money as I have recently suffered a significant loss of income and are having to go to the local food pantry just so I can eat. So anything would help at this point.

Thanks a Million,
Andrea
Old 03-26-2016, 01:51 PM
Grand WAHM

This isn't exactly blogging, but if you're interested in freelance type positions, you can check sites like Upwork. They have a writing category.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:09 AM
WAHM Regular

If you like to write, you can try textbroker.com and Hirewriters.com. There are lots of content mills out there. Those two are at the lower end, but are easy to join and they pay once a week. They can give you an idea if you want to continue with it as a way to make some extra money.

Other forums here have good info about customer service jobs that are work from home. Also check out realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com. That's a great, reliable resource for a variety of jobs.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:34 AM
Wordpress Geek

HubPages is a blog because it meets the criteria of a blog. It takes a long time to rack up enough search clout to bring in views. It also takes a while to learn keyword research and get a feel for what does and doesn’t work with HubPages and their audience. Consider that some average-level HubPages writers make around $2 per hub per month, and you see the scale of content you need to make any significant income. Write a lot, publish a lot, and keep it going.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Hubpages would take a long time to replace income with. What time of income are you looking for? $200 a month or we talking $1000's? Do you like selling? You can also become a call center agent from home some pay more than others.

Tags
blog, hubpages, money