Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default learning to blog without paying for it

Can ppl learn to blog without paying for it? I got this email to pay $197 to do it. Must be a better way...
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2016, 03:04 PM
Grand WAHM

There are much better ways.

Basically, when it comes to blog content, you should pick a topic you know something about and enjoy. Just keep writing and adding new posts on a regular basis.

You can create free blogs on a variety of different sites. You can also pay a little bit for your own domain and hosting, which will be a lot less than $197.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Super WAHM

There are some really good free resources out there, and some that are quite low cost, so learning how to blog doesn't have to break the bank.

And expensive courses are no guarantee that they're good.

The important bit is that you're clear about what exactly it is that you want to learn. The technicalities of blogging, how to write posts that will attract readers and turn them into fans, and/or how to turn your blog into a source of income.

If and when you do purchase anything to help you learn, be sure you know exactly what they're offering and what you'll get for your investment.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Super WAHM

I can give you a little bit of advice about blogging.

1. Pick what niche you want to write about.

2. Pick a blogging platform.

3. Start blogging.

I would recommend you read other blogs. Join blogging communities where you can get some support and help. There are many out here. Learn as you go.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

You can start out with a Blogger.com blog. Like the others have mentioned, pick a topic you enjoy and write about it. In my case, I write about my life and about writing which are both what I enjoy. I have several different blogs in several different topics. It doesn't have to cost you anything and you can actually make money doing it. You can place Adsense ads on your blog and earn every time someone clicks on one of those ads. It won't earn you fast money and you won't get rick quick but it is fun and you will see earnings after a while.

After a while, you can also start doing sponsored posts to make money. Sponsored posts are when you write about something and that person or company pays you for it.

I love blogging and post in my Rambling Thoughts blog every night before I start writing for clients or sites. This is because blogging helps get me started with my writing.

Have fun and good luck!
Old 02-28-2016, 09:57 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm learning a lot by looking up the info on Pinterest. There are people who will share the whole process for free. Just do a search! Everything you need to kniw is on there. You will have to weed through some stuff but it's easier than looking through all the websites on google, imo.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janny108 View Post
Can ppl learn to blog without paying for it? I got this email to pay $197 to do it. Must be a better way...
Sure. Go to blogger.com or Wordpress's website. Start a free blog. Start writing. Start sharing it.

You can worry about the finer points (keywords, ads, and what not) later. Write about things you love, things you know about, and share it.

It takes time to build an audience.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:30 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I use blogger.com too. Just write about whatever in any format you wish. I know this girl who wrote about breaking up with her boyfriend and what she's going to eat for today and she makes a $1000+ a month. I forgot the name of the blog but she uses blogger too. Don't think to hard about it. Just write about things you enjoy.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Awesome WAHM

I started out with Blogger as well. It's probably the easiest platform out there to start learning about blogging for free.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:50 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janny108 View Post
There are lots of better ways, I have tons of info on it. Just hit me up.