Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Is it real?

I received a letter from jetBlue web control saying that i asked for Part-time work, which I did, and I was selected to be a consumer service evaluator. Along with the letter was a check for the first part of the process. I have tried contacting the email address that are on the paper but have heard nothing from them. My question is this a real business and if so how do i contact someone?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Grand WAHM

I don't think any real job will send you a check up front like that.

There is an old scam where people will send you a check, ask you to deposit it, wire money to the sender, and you get to keep some of the check. By the time you realize their check is bad, your money is gone.

Be cautious of this.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Registered WAHM

I received same letter and check and reading carefully its clearly a scam as you can cash the check or put it on a prepaid card etc directions say it must be put in a normal checking account. That makes it sound they are trying to get your bank account info. Also I have tried to verify other things from letter and phone number was disconnected and bank check issued from refused to verify the check was a real account.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Registered WAHM

Exclamation what website ??

hi, i think i received the same letter to, but i honestly cant remember where i applied because from what i do remember it was a long time ago. Where did you apply? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this because its to good to be true and i don't think someone will send a check just like that. Also what will happen if I cash the check and don't follow the assignments??
Old 11-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Registered WAHM

Default my research into this issue

I'm from Michigan and got this letter also with a check for almost 2000. Sounded fishy. I called Citibank to verify the check. Because it is a 'personal' check (not an 'official' check like a cashier's check) they cannot verify anything about it with the permission of the owner of the checking account. Next I called the Chamber of Commerce in Darien CT (since the address on the check for 19 old kings highway in Darien). They said they are not aware of any company called that currently operating in Darien. They suggested I call the tax accessor's office in the city. The tax people said that there was a jetblue office at 19 old kings highway but it closed in 2009.

Not sure what their scam is. It seems to me that only risk to me is to deposit the check and then incur bounced check fees.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Many People Fake to Cheat People

First of all when you get something like this is to check on net to verify companies email address and website. If people have already received such letter someone should have put a comment about the company and you will be saved from being cheated.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:50 PM
WAHM Fanatic

This is a scam. No company is going to pay you $2000 up front like this.

You risk passing a counterfeit check etc.

The fact that you can't even locate the company says something.

Don't become a victim.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:34 AM
WAHM Regular

Default sounds like a scam

If anyone give you check for something that you haven't worked on then I have to really think twice. I also got similar checks before and it was by some mystery shopping companies and for $2000.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Awesome WAHM

I remember seeing something similar a long time ago, but since it sounded too good to be true, I didn't follow through with it. Generally, when people are offering you money upfront without knowing anything about you or your work, you can be pretty sure it's a scam. For all you know, they may be after your personal details for whatever scam they're up to.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:33 PM
WAHM Regular

how do we find ligit work im dsparate