Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Mommy Blog - Privacy

For all the Mommy/Personal bloggers out there I'm wondering how you handle privacy. I've noticed that many Mommy bloggers use nick names and pictures of their kids or no pictures and their real names. I've also seen some use all real names.

I'm wondering what your experience has been with maintaining some sense of privacy when your blog readership grows.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2014, 04:09 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlawithaK View Post
For all the Mommy/Personal bloggers out there I'm wondering how you handle privacy. I've noticed that many Mommy bloggers use nick names and pictures of their kids or no pictures and their real names. I've also seen some use all real names.

I'm wondering what your experience has been with maintaining some sense of privacy when your blog readership grows.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Well for me I have a weight loss blog but obviously it is very much based around real life and our weight and when we are out and about. There is the odd picture of my 13 year old but still very few and not enough for people to really invade his privacy.

On the other hand we are in the process of writing a pregnancy ebook and my daughter (who is due in early December) will feature heavily on the blog but this will only be for the first 6-12 weeks of her life and as you know babies look so different compared to what they look like when they are older so I am not concerned about her privacy.

The best way I have found when the kids are older is for side shots or ones that feature part of their body but not their face.

For example we had a picture of our sons feet and my feet while on the beach and hand pictures when doing arts and crafts.

Its more a case of what you feel comfortable with.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:27 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks so much for the reply.

I never considered using photos where their faces aren't clear, great idea. Since I'm familiar with Google Image search, I also considered using photos of all of us that aren't anywhere else.That way, they can't be searched and lead to my facebook page, etc.

Lots to consider, I appreciate the input.