Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Blogging with Adsense

Hello everyone,

I am looking to make a new website/blog, I want to add adsense or other ad programs. What is the best blog or website to use to set this up? I have my own domain if this helps. Is webs.com or (web.com) forgot which one, wordpress (if I can use ads), or wix.com, etc. which one is the best for this and which one will let me do the ads? I heard wordpress doesn't let you, is this true?

Also, is adsense the best ad program?

Thank you for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Grand WAHM

If you're using strictly AdSense and no other money making opportunities, BlogSpot may be worth checking into. AdSense is super east to incorporate into a BlogSpot blog. Since Google owns both, the integration is very easy.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you! What else is there to earn money on blogs? Trying to weigh options and see what is best.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Grand WAHM

There are many different ways to monetize blogs and websites and many different niches. Some of us have been monetizing our sites for years. Personally, I make money with AdSense and other things.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:50 AM
WAHM Regular

For us we run our blog on the thesis framework and are on the themedy skin Quik. This is good for seo and helps us change the design as we need to without hiring a coder.

We have adsense on our website but adsense is not the best of monetising and we have plenty of others such as media.net (bing/yahoo version), affiliate income, private advertisers, sale of our own products etc.

Hope it goes well for you.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Why not add other ad programs instead of completely sticking to Adsense. I agree that Adsense isn't the best out there. Try searching for other programs that have good feedback. Yes, BlogSpot is indeed a good choice for blogging.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:56 PM
Super WAHM

Although there are a lot of bloggers who have made a decent income with Adsense, I found that it just wasn't for me because it made my site look unnatural. I prefer to stick with affiliate marketing and custom product sales.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:51 PM
WAHM Master

Blogspot is a good platform for trying blogging out or trying a particular idea out. But if you're serious about blogging, you'll want to own your own website.

Trust me when I say you can be booted off Blogspot and never given a reason. You'll lose all your content and have to start over from scratch.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:23 AM
Registered WAHM

wordpress is good and you use the own domain.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:14 AM
Awesome WAHM

Blogger is good. It's free and it allows you to add AdSense real easy, as both are owned by Google. On the downside, you have to hope that Blogger stays on forever. Google has experimented with things such as Google Pages, which no longer exist. So you are gambling on that when you host your site on a platform such as Blogger.

The better option is to buy a web hosting service and host your site on there. I personally have hosted my site on Bluehost and I created my site from scratch through Bluehost using Word Press. The normal Word Press site won't allow you to add AdSense or other affiliates. However, if you create your wordpress site and host it on one of the hosting platforms like Bluehost, you can add all affiliate networks out there.