Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:06 PM
WAHM Regular

If I were you, I'd make a blog about how to manage a blog, honestly.

I'm not new to business by any stretch, but I'm taking on another project. My blog, WealthyWAHM, will help moms who have small online business. I took my transcription company from zero to six figures (net, not gross) in under five years and want to teach other moms how I did it -- and I could've done it faster if I had a guide.

This means I really need to blog. I did the other business without doing any blogging. I know I'll need to build up a few posts before I monetize. I know I'll eventually want to add affiliate links. I'm lost in Google Analytics and don't know what it means. That could be really interesting.

I think most of the problem is we don't know what we don't know. I wouldn't even know what questions to ask, to be honest. My questions would be very general. This is the reason why I navigated over to this thread. Usually I'm on the transcription thread.

I did a quick search and realized there isn't anybody teaching this solely. There are coaches who touch on blogs, but not one who ONLY does that -- so there could be some money in that for you for sure!

In fact, I'd love to follow a blog of yours if you did something like that and a fan of your Facebook fanpage.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2014, 10:27 AM
WAHM Addict

Wink I need help!

I've been blogging off and on for about 9 years and need help with the following:

Accessing my domains, cancelling a couple url's, transfering another.
Transfering a WordPress blog to a new Wordpress blog under a new domain (url for the new domain already purchased)

I have a stagnant blog under a theme that no longer applies to me. I don't want to nix all my previous posts, but want to transfer the entire WP blog to a new WP blog, under a domain name I purchased many months ago. I have no clue how to do this and don't have a lot of free time to figure it out. I tried in vane several times, but it became too time consuming and my other responsibilities weren't being taken care of.

I also have a couple domains that I"m continuing to pay for, that I want to get rid of. I have lost my passwords and don't know how to access them.

Additionally, I need to improve my Adsense placement and get hooked up with at least one proven affiliate program.

I'd actually be willing to pay someone to help me with this... if they really know what they are doing. It would have to be quick and easy for me as my schedule is heavy. I have been putting it off because of a lack of direction and knowledge. My budget is so tight though! I think for the right person, this wouldn't take very much time.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:39 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Baselines And Best Practices

The info I'd like to hear most is what the normal metrics are for a blog. For example is an 80% bounce rate good, average, terrible?

What's a standard RPM (Revenue per Thousand Impressions) for various types of sites?

What's a good percentage of New/Returning visitors? How do you increase the % of returning visitors?

There are countless youtube videos explaining how to setup a site, but understanding what to look for in setting up the site is much more complicated.

Just my two cents.