Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:57 AM
WAHM Addict

Default Need Wordpress Help.... front page only

I have installed a plugin on my WP site that will allow me to only show a widget on my front page. This is what the advertiser wanted and up until now I thought we were in great shape. However... he wants me to fix it so his text link is not showing on front page 2, front page 3, etc. When you click to see more posts... you are taken to pages 2, 3, 4 etc. and his link is visible.

Anyone know if there is a way to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 02:22 PM
WAHM Regular

If you used the 'meta text' widget and it's in your 'sidebar', it should be fine. What one sees on 1st page will be seen on all subsequent pages though. You will have to change the code in Editor for the ad to only show on first page and I'm not a coder. May have to find one in one of the 'Coder/programmer' forums, maybe 'warrior' forum?

Last edited by GG9909; 02-15-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:51 PM
WAHM Addict

GG9909,
Thanks for your help. I'm really having a hard time with this! lol I don't know how to code either and I'm very uncomfortable going into my cpanel to make any edits. My theme has lost some function too upon my Wordpress update and the fix they propose isn't working, so I can't even attempt to try and go at it from that angle.

So, I'm somewhat stuck. This is somewhat urgent and I'm tempted to remove my theme and load another, but guessing I'll lose what's in my sidebars???? I'm not sure. I know that would be the case when I was blogging with blogspot.

Just wish the widget I'm using called "Restrict Widgets" was more functional. It would be so nice if I could spend my evening a better way than this. Eating up all my time! grumble grumble.

I'll keep researching. Hope the advertiser is patient with me!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Super WAHM

You might consider using a plugin specifically for advertising. There are some very good plugins that allow you to set parameters for advertising, where the ads are displayed, how often, etc. You may find something like that would offer you more flexibility.

Here are a few examples: http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/wh...for-wordpress/

Last edited by bloggergal; 02-15-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:23 PM
WAHM Addict

So tired, but I found a fix! I removed the widget I was using and installed another called Dynamic Widgets. It took me some time to figure out how, but on this particular widget you can omit individual url's. So, I manually entered the page number of each "front page" numbered 2 or greater. I had to enter it as such: */page/23/ from page 2 through 140, each on a different line. There might be a better way, but this worked, so I'm happy. ; )

I also had to go through the settings for each widget and tell it not to show on any other posts, pages, etc. Took some time, but I found success!

Hope this makes sense. I just wanted to share in case anyone else needs this info. I lost several hours tonight trying to make this work. Hopefully I'll save someone else a lot of frustration.

Last edited by wsue; 02-15-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:27 AM
WAHM Motivator
WAHM Professional

I use Dynamic Widgets on a few sites, and it is very flexible.