Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Blogging

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:49 PM
WAHM Regular

wow that was a really good post. It is important to know the statistic. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Registered WAHM

Someone posted in this thread that article marketing is useful. Well, article marketing used to be quite effective several years ago for driving traffic. Now, Google frowns upon it. Social media is playing a greater role in driving traffic and promoting websites/blogs. Proper SEO and great content are also very important in attracting readers.

Last edited by Ggit303; 04-24-2014 at 12:03 PM. Reason: errors
Old 04-24-2014, 02:57 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggit303 View Post
article marketing used to be quite effective several years ago for driving traffic. Now, Google frowns upon it.
Nope.

Sure, Google frowns on people trying to use article directories for their own backlinks and/or their own traffic, but that isn't really article marketing. That's a misguided sort of "article directory marketing". (That isn't really what article directories are for at all!).

Article marketing, my friends who do it for a living tell me, drives long-lasting, very high quality, very well-targeted traffic and can be hugely profitable. It has nothing to do with SEO, though.

Quote:
Proper SEO and great content are also very important in attracting readers.
Great content certainly helps, provide you take it to the places where your target audiences are already looking. (That's "article marketing"). No point just putting it up on your own blog and expecting it to draw crowds that way! The only traffic that can attract is - eventually - a bit of search-engine traffic, and that's not often much use for affiliate marketing or whatever your planned income-source is, from your blog.

Among my online friends, the people doing article marketing are all the ones consistently doing best with their blogs/sites.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Registered WAHM

When I use the word "article marketing" I am referring in this case to the people who use PLR content and previously published content from article directories such as EzineArticles to link back to content on their websites.

There is nothing wrong a webmaster choosing to use article directories but, Matthew Cutts of Google discourages this practice. It is a personal matter whether someone wants to use an article directory. I find that promoting my content through social media, good quality content, and SEO work best for me. So, I won't be using an article directory to promote any of my online content.

Last edited by Ggit303; 04-25-2014 at 11:58 AM. Reason: errors
Old 04-25-2014, 03:11 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
When I use the word "article marketing" I am referring in this case to the people who use PLR content and previously published content from article directories such as EzineArticles to link back to content on their websites.
<sigh>

Ok.

When I use the words "article marketing", I'm using it to mean what people who do article marketing for a living use it to mean.

And that has nothing to do with either PLR or SEO.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong a webmaster choosing to use article directories but, Matthew Cutts of Google discourages this practice.
Nope. That's wrong.

He doesn't discourage people "from using article directories".

He discourages the practice of posting to multiple article directories as an attempted backlink-generating technique. Rightly. That's a very silly thing to do. It always was. It's based on a fundamental misunderstanding of what an article directory is and what purpose it serves. But doing that has nothing to do with "article marketing" at all.

Sorry if I seem pedantic, but "I'm using the words article marketing to mean something totally different from what they actually mean" is not an answer to having it pointed out that the statement that "Matt Cutts discourages article marketing" is wrong, because Matt Cutts does not discourage article marketing. Far from it. If you read recent magazine interviews with him, you'll see that he endorses article marketing wholeheartedly. What he "discourages" as you put it (and what Google actually penalizes heavily, thanks to their Penguin updates) is abusing multiple article directories for backlinks.

Quote:
It is a personal matter whether someone wants to use an article directory.
It is.

Most people who try to use them simply don't understand what they're actually for, and what benefits article directories can and can't provide. Nobody who understands what article marketing is wants to use an article directory as a way of generating potential customer traffic or backlinks. People still mass-submitting to article directories for either of those purposes are living on another planet. But evidently not one where "article marketing" is used. In complete contrast, some people using a directory such as Ezine Articles for its intended purpose, are doing so very successfully.

Last edited by Yuliya Mironova; 04-26-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:12 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Great info...

Thinking of starting a blog and just read this thread. Thank you for sharing -some great information here!
Old 04-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Registered WAHM

With all the work that goes into blogging, it would be a good idea to know from where and how you plan to draw your traffic. You need targeted visitors to your site, visitors that are very interested in your subject matter. This can be really difficult, even for the less competitive niches driving traffic. Can you produce original content several times per week that rivals what is out there already? Finally, do you know how you will monetize these visitors once you have them? Sometimes this is as easy as slapping up some adwords, but it depends on the niche. Sometimes you can have a wildly successful blog, but fail to make much money from it because your readers are blind to advertising, and just aren't interested in spending money.

I was taught that it was all about eyeballs on a screen. If you can get those eyeballs on your website, you'll make money.

I've since learned that it's not as simple as that. Sure, you can monetize almost any traffic. It's simply a matter of HOW WELL you can monetize it. Sometimes the payoff is not worth the effort.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:05 AM
Registered WAHM

This is interesting as it's something I've been thinking about for a while. I hear a lot about people who make money from blogging. For successful blogger you have to keep in mind below points:

>> Content must be attractive and informative

>> Design of blog page must be well designed

>> Always write unique idea so user love to read

>> Focus on topic

>> Be straight

>> Create Relevant, Interesting, Timely and Entertaining content